facebook

m9 is out – what’s the scoop on 3.8 ? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

scott, I seriosuly appreciate what you guys are doing. Specially spending the long weekend on the computer BBQing code rather than a juciy steak 😉 … Thanx scott.

#207661 Reply

@support-scott wrote:

Anyway, we still need to get a new build downloaded to work around the plugin export problem, but everyone will begin testing in the PDE over the weekend and will then transition to production builds once we can produce them. It’s kind of a sorry way to spend a long weekend (Memorial Day in the US), but we should have something ready by Tuesday at this point. Fingers crossed we don’t find a showstopper.

I have to say that I find this rather disappointing.

I would much rather the ME team wait until Wednesday/Thursday and enjoy the weekend. As you said, this is Memorial Day weekend.

#207662 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Well, we’ll still be having a good bit of steak, or since we’re Texans a nice smoked brisket or two. They take 12 hours to cook, so I’d better get mine going soon. 🙂

By the way, we’re sneaking in a web browser for testing purposes. Should work on all platforms since we’re using the fancy new Eclipse HTML widget. You can see a screenshot of it below.

#207663 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

NICE!

#207670 Reply

nemec

Scott, Riyad,
    will the required Eclipse version be M9 “exact” or one of the later integration builds that seem to be more… cleaned-up?

Thank you

Richard

#207671 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

will the required Eclipse version be M9 “exact” ?

No, it won’t be. It will be M9+, with any luck.

I have to say that I find this rather disappointing.
    I would much rather the ME team wait until Wednesday/Thursday and enjoy the weekend. As you said, this is Memorial Day weekend.

Andy, we’re not missing the whole weekend and all the work will be done from people’s home offices so we’ll be able to multiplex our time between work and
    weekend activities. It’s really quite efficient and we make up for it with more time off after each delivery. It really works out pretty well and no one will
    miss a single ceremony or hamburger. 😉

#207675 Reply

binyan

I’m in my home office too. And since I recently bought a house and don’t know all my neighbors yet, it would be comical to discover that my home office is right next to your home office. Enjoy the weekend (and keep compiling, I need RC1+) 🙂

#207678 Reply

@support-scott wrote:

Ok, since everyone likes updates, here’s another. 🙂

We’ve had to modify/reimplement annotation models, menu additions, plugin startup sequences, document providers, document partitioners, and a host of other smaller things to get everything back in order and “apparently” working. This was the biggest effort we’ve had to put in on a 3.0 port yet, including the original one when we began supporting M2 months ago. And to think, we only went from M8 to M9! Those Eclipse guys obviously new this release was the API freeze so they took one last opportunity to pull everything off their private CVS branches and shove them all into HEAD in one big shot. Of course, being a developer I can’t really blame them as I’d’ve done the same thing. 😉

Anyway, we still need to get a new build downloaded to work around the plugin export problem, but everyone will begin testing in the PDE over the weekend and will then transition to production builds once we can produce them. It’s kind of a sorry way to spend a long weekend (Memorial Day in the US), but we should have something ready by Tuesday at this point. Fingers crossed we don’t find a showstopper.

> It’s kind of a sorry way to spend a long weekend (Memorial Day in the US), but we should have something ready by Tuesday at this point. Fingers crossed we don’t find a showstopper.

Thanks for your hard work. I’m looking forward to it.

#207680 Reply

Hi ME team,

Well it has been a while since I have piped up, mainly because I have been waiting for some of the ME features that are the M9 supported release. We are really looking forward to really being able to make full usage of ME from here forwards.

The reason for the post is really to thank you guys for all of the hard and fine work AND especially for listening to what our needs are out here.

The best of a holiday weekend (such as it is 😉 to you all.

Cheerio,
    Joel

#207681 Reply

vbfischer

Hogwash!!! I’m working over the weekend, so you should too…

👿 😈 😯 😆

Seriously, enjoy your weekend. I know I for one can wait a few extra days for the M9+ features…

Where in Texas are you guys? I used to live in, and still have relatives in the Auston area…

#207682 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

>Where in Texas are you guys? I used to live in, and still have relatives in the Auston area…

Looks like you need to check out our ‘Howdy, where y’all from thread here: 😉
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/from-support-howdy-where-y-all-from/

Oh yeah, and we still use the traditional spelling of ‘Austin’. 😉

#207685 Reply

Ivar Vasara

woot. sounds promising. I hope you take a break after the release.. (unless of course there’s a showstopper in which case you’re to stay at your desks! >:)
    Looking forward to Tuesday.

#207695 Reply

bort

It’s Tuesday!!!

(fingers crossed…. ) 😐

#207697 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Everything looks good. We’re just doing some final testing on Linux but anticipate we’ll release later today as expected.
    We also went ahead and tested against the I20040529 and RC1 builds and those look good also.

#207698 Reply

bort

Brilliant! Thanks scott… 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
Reply To: m9 is out – what’s the scoop on 3.8 ? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in