facebook

Mac OSX Bug 67384 fixed?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author

testing2

@support-rkalla wrote:

David,
    The fact that this bug isn’t getting resolved in platform is *costing* us money for every subscription that isn’t purchased or renewed because of it… believe when I say we want it fixed.

I just saw a note across my desk at the beginning of the week that our product manager started an initiative to investigate other solutions to see if it’s possible to work around the limitation. No news yet.

Yes, I understand and empathize, it must be very frustrating for you to be at the mercy of Apple/Sun/whomever else like this. This is reflected in comment #13 at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145890

I hope there is a speedy resolution to this. Does the Java 6 release help at all? I notice they mention SWT issues.

David

#263716 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    A quick update, one of our developers has managed to get over some of these humps but is still running into “random crashes” which are obnoxious enough to stymie the effort.

We are getting there slowly but surely.

Also I’m not exactly sure if Java 6 helps or not.

#264100 Reply

batsonjay

Glad to hear about the partial progress.

Will this work help the MyEclipse UML availability, too?

#264101 Reply

batsonjay

(Another post, so I can set “Notify me when reply…. Sorry for the dup, folks.)

#264102 Reply

testing2

@support-rkalla wrote:

David,
    A quick update, one of our developers has managed to get over some of these humps but is still running into “random crashes” which are obnoxious enough to stymie the effort.

We are getting there slowly but surely.

Also I’m not exactly sure if Java 6 helps or not.

Hi,

Any news? My license runs out in 3 days, and UML has become one of my main requirements. 😕 Can you say it will definitely be fixed soon?

David

#264104 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    Unfortunately I cannot say that. I haven’t heard any more details about this issue from management. I wish I had better news for you, I’m sorry.

#264661 Reply

Can you guys put this on your “bug the heck out of everyone until it gets done” list? To not hear any updates from management seems a bit like it has slipped as a priority. I know you guys lose money when licenses don’t get purchased and I feel for ya. This has gone on for a long time now at a snail’s pace. If Apple or IBM is the hold up then post the email address or your contacts here. All of us Eclipse users will email them and make sure they know how important this is to us. This really seems like a matter of priority here. I know you are the “man in the middle” of Apple and IBM. But, you also seem to have connections that we don’t. I have subscribed to MyEclipseIDE in the past and want to subscribe again. But, I won’t because of the feature impact this problem is creating.

#264662 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This has gone on for a long time now at a snail’s pace. If Apple or IBM is the hold up then post the email address or your contacts here.

The link to the bug in the Eclipse tracker has been posted a few times.

All of us Eclipse users will email them and make sure they know how important this is to us.

That’s what happened with the original bug, then you’ll noticed it got “fixed” and quite a few folks weren’t happy with the fixed and then another bug immediately spun off. So far there seems to be no progress on the real bug getting fixed. And it’s not even so much of a bug as it is a tricky design issue due to the different event delivery mechanisms in the platforms.

But, you also seem to have connections that we don’t.

We’ve gotten to the point where we have tried to throw money at specific developers to fix this… so far no result.

I have subscribed to MyEclipseIDE in the past and want to subscribe again. But, I won’t because of the feature impact this problem is creating.

We are sorry to hear that, we never want to loose customers. But ultimately only you and your team can decide which tool is helping you work most efficiently. My only hope, if you do decide to not resubscribe, is that we win you back with a future release. (and this dang issue gets resolved)

#264670 Reply

I appreciate the quick response. I’ll be sure to comment on the real bug and throw my penny into the wishing well. I really hope that this all gets resolved sometime soon. I am currently using Netbeans for my GUI development. Matisse is great… but it is the rest of Netbeans that I don’t find intuitive or productive. Here’s to hoping!

Brandon

#264691 Reply

Okay… i added some comments to the bug (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=145890). It seems to have spawned a lot of discussion on the bug. If you guys haven’t jumped into the discussion i would encourage you do so quickly. It seems that the bug discussion is taking a “NOT A BUG” type of direction.

#264717 Reply

Anything? Are you guys going to jump into the conversation on that bug? Are you starting discussions in the background? What’s up? Promise me somethin cuz i really don’t like using Netbeans.

#265129 Reply

Is anyone going to respond to the activity on this bug? Has anyone? I don’t see any emails from genuitech on the bug dialog that has been transpiring. I thought this was important to you guys? All the talk about losing money and all and now there is not even a peep from you. This is really surprising.

#265583 Reply

Riyad Kalla

phasews,
    Sorry for the lack of replies here (I erased your other thread asking for followup here, I just wasn’t getting notified of posts to this thread for some reason).

Not all communication between the Genuitec/Eclipse and Apple teams takes place over Bugzilla, so not seeing posts specifically on that bug doesn’t mean there is no progress. I haven’t heard any update from management about this issue so I don’t have anything to report at this time, sorry.

#266129 Reply

Calvin Vette

We’ve asked for a beta/trial that doesn’t have the features disabled for the Mac to test various patches that come up. Can we get that?

If you’re going to throw money at developers to solve the problem, how about throwing money at this guy:
    http://eos.sourceforge.net/index.html

Dieter has the only viable long-term solution to the SWT problem – putting it on Swing as a guaranteed compatibility layer. He’s about 80% of the way there. Sun was absolutely right about SWT. It architecturally guaranteed there would be problems like this. If we wait for Apple (Steve Kovatch or the Cocoa/Carbon team) or Steve Northover (IBM) to get around to solving it, we’re going to be waiting another 3 years. (Bugzilla #67384 was opened on 15 June 2004.)

> Please do us a big favor and remember to vote for MyEclipse at the JDJ Reader’s Choice Awards. We really appreciate it!
    Not likely from most of us Mac users.

#266229 Reply

Riyad Kalla

EOS is something we have been looking at for a long time. The team is doing a lot of great work and is motivated, we will continue to watch that project.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
Reply To: Mac OSX Bug 67384 fixed?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in