facebook

Missing Project Natures

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a Java EJB project that shows errors for missing Project Natures. If I open the properties on the project and select the Project Natures page, it says:

com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.deploymentnature (missing)
    JavaEMFNature Properties
    Web Properties
    com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.ejbnature (missing)
    Java
    Eclipse Faceted Project Properties

Any ideas on how to add these Project Natures? I don’t see them anywhere in the Eclipse Solutions Marketplace.

When I try to deploy the project, it fails, and I think it is because of these missing natures.

The project is Java 1.8, Eclipse is version 2023.1.2, and it is running on Windows Server 2022.

#701122 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Yes, missing natures / facets will prevent some features from working as they should.

Can you tell us how you created the project – was this something that was created in MyEclipse or is just a Maven project (or other) that you are trying to import into MyEclipse? Normally, if you import a Maven project into MyEclipse, a migration wizard will show up, allowing you to update the project with the necessary natures and facets.

Here are a few things you could try:
    1) Open the migration view in MyEclipse and see if the project is listed for migration. If so, go ahead and migrate the project.
    2) If this is a Maven project, choose Maven > Update Project from the project’s context menu
    3) As a last resort, you could create a new EJB project within MyEclipse with the correct Java EE version (that corresponds with your project). This project will have all the metadata you need. You can then copy all your project’s source into this project, while keeping the metadata untouched (renaming it ultimately to have the same name / location as your original project)

Please let us know if this works or if you need further assistance.

#701124 Reply

Brian,

Thanks for the response.

This is a very VERY old project that was created in Eclipse. I am trying to load the code in a new development environment.

I did go to the Workspace Migration screen and it listed one of the projects – not the project that is showing the errors, but a project it is dependent on. So I went through the steps for migration, but I got lots of errors like this:

Operation “Migrate ME Project references and deployment settings to Deployment Assembly has failed to perform migration actions. Error for project atf: Cannot invoke com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.IJEEProject.getJEESpec() because the return value of com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.IJEEProject.getJEESpec() is null.

Any ideas how to fix that?

#701496 Reply

Brian Fernandes

So sorry for the embarrassingly late reply here, for some reason your response was completely missed 🙁

I’m hoping you were able to use option #3 to keep moving ahead? Please let me know if not and you’d still like assistance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Missing Project Natures

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in