facebook

MyEclipse 4.0GA and Eclipse VE [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

but this one was “please give me sample code”

lol, yea those aer the harder ones to answer.

#236512 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Dave,

I understand completely. Makes you realize how much this stuff gets read. 🙂 We’ve got your contact info.

#236515 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Well don’t get me wrong..

<shameless_self_promotion>
    I’m happy to help write applications… and my fees are reasonable too.. and I accept MC and Visa over PayPal too!
    </shameless_self_promotion>

😉

#236551 Reply

tcnesham

@aming wrote:

And then, is there someting I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

The answer is in another forum. But someone said that MyEclipse 4.0GA comes with GEF and EMF, and I found it conflicts with the installed ones when I installed them for VE. So I reinstalled Eclipse 3.1 without EMF/GEF. This is very confusing but the installer should recognize that EMF/GEF is already installed and use that.

#236555 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This is very confusing but the installer should recognize that EMF/GEF is already installed and use that.

The problem is that the Eclipse team continuously changes APIs while they’re building EMF/GEF etc and doesn’t change the version number for milestone builds prior to the release. This makes it impossible to tell if the installed versions are compatible because they may have the same version numbers, but different APIs. The full explaination of what happens is in this thread: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-8781.html

#236574 Reply

beming

I am using VE 1.1.

now, I do two thing:
    1: replace the same version of emf and gef api in the folder of MyEclipse.
    2: disable the MyEclipse, restart Eclipse, and then enable the MyEclipse, restart Eclipse

then the VE1.1 and MyEclipse 4.0GA all work! I don’t know which one is the main step.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 4.0GA and Eclipse VE [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in