facebook

MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA hanged during startup

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

leebulmer

This message has not been recovered.

#277439 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Any case that is 100% reproducable? Or as simple as leaving a form open and restarting?

#277460 Reply

leebulmer

@support-rkalla wrote:

Any case that is 100% reproducable? Or as simple as leaving a form open and restarting?

I think you might be right about this being a race condition, because I can’t give a 100% repeatable case for you. For example, just now I did the following:

1. Open MyEclipse (no files were open on previous close)
    2. Open TestPanel.form from M4MTestJava1 (I downloaded that from this thread)
    3. Close MyEclipse (I did not close TestPanel)
    4. Open MyEclipse
    5. Changed TestPanel from code view to design view
    6. Create a new Java Project called Test (with all default options) and added it to my current working set
    7. I said yes when prompted to change to Java perspective
    8. Added a new JPanel called BlankForm
    9. Closed MyEclipse (TestPanel was still open and so was BlankForm, BlankForm had focus)
    10. Opened MyEclipse and it hangs at “Loading Workbench” on the splash screen

I then clensed my environment by taking the following steps:

1. I killed MyEclipse in the Windows Task manager
    2. I deleted the Test project using windows explorer
    3. I renamed the M4MTestjava1 project
    4. I reloaded MyEclipse
    5. I renamed M4MTestjava1 using windows explorer back to it’s original name
    6. I refreshed my workspace
    7. I added M4MTestJava1 back into my working set.
    8. I then refreshed just the M4MTestJava1 project (since although refreshing it in the workspace made it appear as a project, it didn’t contain any files until I refreshed it individually – bug?)
    9. I closed MyEclipse

Then I repeated my original 10 steps, and everything worked fine – it did not hang at Loading Workbench this time! :-S

#277496 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Grrr…

I think we may get this fixed in 6.1 by way of some huge updates we have coming for M4M anyway, but in the mean time I’m going to keep trying to break it semi-consistently. 1 other dev on our team got it to hang, but no one else yet… so we know it’s in there somewhere.

#278546 Reply

ccpmurray
    Participant

May I suggest posting the editing of the workbench.xml in the FAQ-Troubleshooting area? This one really got me stumped and annoyed. I’m running 6.0 in Java 6 and XP and I lucked my way into this solution.

#280551 Reply

JimReno

I am seeing this also. Java version 1.6_03, Eclipse 3.3.1.1, MyEclipse 6.0.1. Windows XP.

If the Matisse perspectrive was selected and a form was open when I last closed, then (fairly late) during the startup splash it throws the ‘matisse not compatible with Java 6 – do you want experimental mode?” dialog. If I click Ok the splash hangs and Eclipse never opens. I have to kill the process from Task Manager.

However if I click Cancel to the dialog, it throws a NullPointerException dialog, but Eclipse opens and I can proceed.

#280556 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jim, we just released a new version of Matisse4MyEclipse today, can you try updating (MyEclipse > Add Features should find the update) and trying again?

#280564 Reply

JimReno

OK – updated and this indeed seems to fix the problem; also no more “No java 6” dialogs. Excellent, thanks much.

One small (unrelated) bug – the color chooser does not come up for borders. Put a line border on, say, a JPanel, try to set its color – you can manually enter RGB values but if you click “…” on the color property field you don’t get the color chooser. Happy to report that elsewhere if you need.

#280565 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jim great catch. I just filed it, hopefully we can get that fixed soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA hanged during startup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in