facebook

Myeclipse crash with exit code 1073741819

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hello,
    My MyEclipse 2017 IDE crashes every couple of days with exit code 1073741819. My version and build is Version: 2017 CI 10
    Build id: 15.0.1-20171220. Here is my myeclipse.ini file and attached to this message is a screenshot of the error dialog popup after it crashes.

-clean
    -startup
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.200.v20160318-1642.jar
    –launcher.library
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.400.v20160518-1444
    –launcher.defaultAction
    openFile
    -vm
    binary/com.sun.java.jdk8.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.v112/bin/javaw.exe
    -install
    C:\dev\tools\myeclipse-2017
    -vmargs
    -Xms1024m
    -Xmx2048m
    -XX:NewSize=512M
    -XX:+UseG1GC
    -XX:+UseStringDeduplication
    -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #656340 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please clarify if you see the crash with a new workspace as well to rule out workspace specific issues?
    2. Try starting the MyEclipse with -clean command args and check if the issue persists. Please see this FAQ on how to start the IDE with -clean :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    3. Try pointing to a different JDK, if you have JDK 1.8 installed in your system, then edit the myeclipse.ini file located in the MyEclipse installation directory and point the -vm arg to the external JDK 1.8 and check if it helps.

Is there any specific reason why you are still working with MyEclipse 2017, which is an older release?
    MyEclipse licenses allow license-holders to use any release, so it may be worth downloading and installing the latest release. There are plenty of fixes and improvements you’re missing out on by sticking with an old release. With recent releases, we included support for advanced tech like Angular. You can download the latest MyEclipse 2019 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

We will be glad to assist you with the upgrade. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#656341 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thank you for your fast response. I will try a new wrokspace and starting MyEclipse with -clean which is in the ini file already.
    My company controls the license so I can’t activate MyEclipse 2019 in my computer.

Yuhui

#656512 Reply

support-swapna

Yuhui,

If you already have the -clean argument in the myeclipse.ini file, then it does the same job as running MyEclipse with -clean from command line.
    The -clean is a one time flag, which rebuilds the plugin cache. If you do not see any conflicts with bundles loading, then you can remove it from the myeclipse.ini file.

Are you working with an SDC based MyEclipse installation? Do you see .myeclipse.properties file in your user home directory? The .myeclipse.properties file stores the license activation information. If you have the file and if it has the valid license details, then you can just install MyEclipse 2019 and the license will be picked up from that file. There is no need to activate it once again in MyEclipse 2019.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#657241 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I downloaded and installed MyEclipse 2019. I using it for a brand new workspace with one Maven project imported without any change in the ini file. Yet it crashed after two (2) days. I don’t close my workspace at the end of day. The error code is the same and attached is the screenshot of the error message.

Please help.
    Thank you,
    Yuhui

Attachments:
    #657292 Reply

support-swapna

Yuhui,

Sorry that you are still seeing the issue with MyEclipse 2019.

1. Can you please share with us the .log file located in the workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us check for any errors/exceptions logged?
    2. Also share with us more details about the Maven project? How large is it?
    3. Can you clarify if you see the crash with any other workspace without the Maven project as well?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#657329 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I restarted MyEclipse 2019 yesterday morning and it crashed overnight. Attached is the error message screenshot and log file. This Maven proejct is not big at all. Its src folder has 53 files and about 150KB in total. All my Java project are maven based at this moment, and this workspace was created this week for MyEclipse 2019 only and has the one Maven project I am working on it.

Thanks,
    Yuhui

Attachments:
    #657711 Reply

support-swapna

Yuhui,

Thank you for the log file. There aren’t any specific errors related to the crash in the log file.
    Can you please check if there is any file starting with hs_err_pid in the MyEclipse installation directory? If yes, then please share the file with us. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#657718 Reply

support-swapna

Yuhui,

Are you working with DevStyle Dark theme?

We found a bug with MyEclipse after it runs for a long time but only in DevStyle’s Dark theme. If you are working with a Dark theme, then please switch to a light theme from Window > Preferences > DevStyle > Color Themes page and check if it helps. The fix for the Dark theme will be part of the next MyEclipse release.

If you are seeing the problem irrespective of the theme, then please share the hs_err_pid<timestamp> file as requested in my previous response to help us investigate further.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#657758 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

It crashed today. So I am running with the default theme now. Hopefully this will fix the problem.
    Thank you,

Yuhui

#658832 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I change the theme to the default light one last week. It crashed over the weekend after about 4 days running. Here is a screen shot of error message dialog. I can’t find the hs_err_pid file, do you know where it would be?

Thanks,
    Yuhui

Attachments:
    #658835 Reply

support-swapna

Yuhui,

The hs_err_pid<timestamp> file should be in the MyEclipse installation directory.
    Can you please clarify if the MyEclipse has been running continuously for 4 days without being closed at the end of the day?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#658838 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I can’t find hs_err_pid<timestamp> file in my MyEclipse installation directory. Yes, the MyEclipse has been running continously for 4 days. I don’t closed it at the end of day.

Thanks,
    Yuhui

#658865 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Yuhui, I’m happy to announce that MyEclipse 2020.5.18 has just been released. Between other goodies, we included also a fix for performance (noticed some instances could lead to no more handles and eventually crash MyEclipse). It’s highly possible that updating to this version will fix your current issue.

Can you give MyEclipse 2020 a try and share your experience?

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

#659506 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hello Aaron, I am using the 2020.5.18 version now. So far it is stable for a week without existing it after work. I will stick to this version for right now. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Myeclipse crash with exit code 1073741819

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in