facebook

MyEclipse no longer pushing files to webapp

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

steveh
    Participant

I have found that if Eclipse crashes then when you restart it any changes you make in that session will not be deployed. Closing Eclipse and restarting it again then makes it work properly once more. This had me foxed the first time it happened but thankfully I usually remember now…

This is with Eclipse 2.1.1 / 2.1.2 and MyEclipse 2.6.x / 2.7 RC1.

#201422 Reply

Paul
    Participant

@steveh wrote:

I have found that if Eclipse crashes ….

I think you’re on to something. Eclipse doesn’t crash much on me, maybe once in a few days. The few times it has crashed on me has been while testing something in Tomcat, other than that I haven’t paid it much attention. I’ll try this, thanks.

#247186 Reply

bcichowlas
    Participant

The feature sheet for MyEclipse refers to “sync-on-demand” for certain types of server containers. A few lines later, about 20 servers are listed. How do I know if a particular server supports “sync-on-demand”? In particular, I am wondering about Tomcat 5 and Jboss 4. I am using exploded archives. I don’t have any subprojects. I am doing single-screen Ajax development, using a “Web Project” and have mainly Javascript and servlets, all in the same project. The servlet source is in ‘src’ and compiles to WEB-INF/classes.

Also, I read the messages above and the second one refers to the preference setting at “Window > Preferences > Workbench > Perform build automatically on resource modification”. I wanted to check this setting, but I don’t have a “Workbench” option when I look at Preferences. Has this been renamed (I’m using 4.1.0) or am I set up wrong somehow?

Thanks,
    Bruce

#247188 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am wondering about Tomcat 5 and Jboss 4.

They both support it.

I wanted to check this setting, but I don’t have a “Workbench” option when I look at Preferences. Has this been renamed (I’m using 4.1.0) or am I set up wrong somehow?

It’s under General now: Window > Prefernces > General > Workbench should do the trick

#247212 Reply

bcichowlas
    Participant

I still don’t see “Workbench”, but I do see a “build automatically” checkbox in

Window > Prefernces > General > Workspace

Is that what you mean? It doesn’t say anything about “resources”.

Bruce

#247221 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Woops, yes, that’s it.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse no longer pushing files to webapp

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in