facebook

MyEclipse plugin & WTP gives multiple Servera for Tomcat

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’ve just installed MyEclipse plugin 5.1 into my existing Eclipse which has WTP with Tomcat 5.5 all set up.

Now either eclipse or I am confused about where and how to configure tomcat servers. I see multiple view panes for the Server view, and they are different slightly in how they display icons/buttons. My guess is one is from WTP and one is from MyEclipse, I don’t know which is which, but one has a configure button, the other does not.

However I don’t seem to be able to get either one to function with my web app after starting with a clean workspace. At one point it was working but I started over with a clean workspace and now can’t get Tomcat to work.

Is MyEclipse & WTP compatible – or should I uninstall one of these?

#263752 Reply

Riyad Kalla

My guess is one is from WTP and one is from MyEclipse, I don’t know which is which, but one has a configure button, the other does not.

You are exactly right. We normally don’t encourage folks to install MyEclipse ontop of WTP because MyEclipse is built ontop of WTP and contributes it’s own enhancements to the base WTP platform and turns off the conflicting portions so you don’t see duplicates for exactly this reason.

Is MyEclipse & WTP compatible – or should I uninstall one of these?

Yes it is. The best way to get started is to use the MyEclipse All-In-One installer from our download section of our site. This will install all pre-configured to run with eachother the latest stable JDK, Eclipse, WTP and MyEclipse. From there you are free to add and customize the configuration as you need to.

If you just point the installation to yoiur existing workspace when starting it up, all your configuration settings will be maintained and you can hit the ground running.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse plugin & WTP gives multiple Servera for Tomcat

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in