2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Glen,

That’s it!

32 bit Cocoa version installed, works right ‘out of the box’. Previous activation (created
    with 64 bit version) is valid as-is.

Wow! That was tough. OK, so now we know there is definitely a difference in the way OSX 10.5 handles 64-bit apps that was changed (fixed??) in 10.6 and 10.7. That’s not too hard to believe since 10.5 was the first release that Apple supported 64-bit Java.

However… This installation creates 10 ‘Bad version number’ errors while creating and
    scaffolding a JEE 6 app using the ClassicCars.Employees database. So far, these errors
    don’t seem to be causing any real problem, just cluttering the error log, but I’m still
    suspicious. The application does run error free.

I checked the log you sent (thanks!) and the errors are generated by the spring frameworks aspect introspection tools. Seems the framework is basically trying to load some classes and give them a look in case you want to use AOP on them. The example doesn’t use aspects (does anyone? 😉 so the application runs fine and the logged messages can be safely ignored (which is likely why they’re not exposed in the UI). Once thing you might try (if you haven’t already) is a full workspace rebuild to ensure you don’t have any lingering class files that were compiled with the prior 64-bit install. But like I said, the log messages appear harmless.

After all of this, we have learned two things…

Agreed. You summarized our findings well. So, when are you going to upgrade to OS/X Lion? 😉

I now have enough options and understanding to get my work done without concern of
    being locked out by a licensing error.

Excellent.

Thanks for your efforts, I hope this experience will help to make MyEclipse a better product.

And I also want to thank you for your help. I know we learned a lot on this one and honestly it’s sadly rare to have someone to work with that will actually help think through the issue and propose ideas and work with us to test them properly and report the findings. It’s almost as if you’ve worked support at some point in your career. 🙂

Thanks again and please let us know if you need anything else.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
Reply To: New installation – Activation does not ‘stick’

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in