facebook

Newbie Questions

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

We are looking into this right now, B should have the ref.

#268383 Reply

ls_toronto

Thanks so much for your assistance 🙂

#268436 Reply

lukewshannon

Any news on this?

#268467 Reply

ls_toronto

It seems like I am not the only one having this problem.

I think it has to do with my tables being type InnoDB. Search for “foreign” in the link below and you will see someone had the exact same problem as me in Feb of last year on an older build of myEclipse.

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-printview-t-11030-start-0.html

I don’t know what else to try. When I am browsing my tables in the DB explorer my foreign keys show up fine, but in the generated DAO there are no finds for them in the DAO’s for the child tables. Weird.

Luke

#268470 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Luke, we are looking at this for 5.5 but it might slip to a service release right after because we are *crunched* with JEE 5 work at the moment that must make it into 5.5

#268477 Reply

ls_toronto

Ok, thanks. Is there a work around that comes to mind? I am new to hibernate so I am not sure, but would it be very difficult to add this in myself?

#268481 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m not aware of a workaround right now, sorry.

#268483 Reply

ls_toronto

Well the one work around is to generate everything at once, this gets the child collections in the parent POJO.

Then generate each of the children tables on their own with no support at all for reference tables. This gives you a findByParentId method in each child class.

This way you can at least get a collection of the child records using the id for the parent.

Once the application can figure this all out, this is going to be a very strong tool.

Luke

#268514 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Luke,

I know what you are talking about, I have replicated your use case internally and filed a report against it.
    Unfortunately we are too late in the 5.5M2 release cycle to incorporate a fix for this in the upcoming release, but I will try and get it into the GA release which should be shortly after.

I need to look into whether a workaround is possible until then, it might be if you were willing to modify some templates.

Thanks for reporting this, good to know you find the DAOs useful otherwise.

#268583 Reply

lukewshannon

Hi;

I would be very open to modifying templates.

Please let me know if you come across something I should try.

Luke

#281046 Reply

ls_toronto

Has anything been done on this issue?

#281194 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ls_toronto,
    Unfortunately not yet. I have made a note to bump the priority and hopefully get it in a release soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Newbie Questions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in