facebook

no

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

nageswarkv

Hi there,

You might want to try reverse engineering a single table (on page 3 of the RE wizard, make sure all options are unchecked) and see if it works. You could also examine the Index tab of the Table Info view for each of your tables and see if you get an insufficient privileges exception – that will help isolate the permission issue.

I tried to do create mapping file by unchecking all options such as Include reference tables, Generate support for Listed table etc.

Also, I tried to click on Index of table Info view and I see same ORA-01031 iNSUFFICIENT PRIVLEGES

But my problem, what is the access privlege I need in between Read access and Write Access.

I am assuming if I have write access, I should not get this problem.

Also, for DAO, I dont want to use SPring DAO and what is the path for JNDO DAO. can u point to what should I give for info about DAO. I just gave blank one time and other time, I gave some dummy file.

Thanx a bunch for all ur help since this evaluation is importatn for our company to decide to go ahead and purchase MyEclipse.

..Nag

#252799 Reply

nageswarkv

Hi there,

I did try with Access of Write permission for couple of tables butnot working.

Besides, I gave blank for JNDI DAO since I couldnt successfuly add Spring capabilities and also I dont want Spring capabilities but dont know what to give for plain JNDI DAO

I am not able to generate mapping file successfully.

any pointers will help ?

#252808 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What happened? What were the exceptions from the log fiel this time?

#252810 Reply

nageswarkv

Hi there,

I am able to create mapping file for HSQL database with freshyl created tables

But for oracle 8i database version, I do have all Select,Insert,Delete operations access and I am still not able to create mapping file.

1. What should i give for DAO, JNDI DAO, what is path ?
    2. is there a way that I can trace what is going on behind MyEclipse when I create mapping file ?

at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:91)
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:79)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect$1.handleSQLException(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:86)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.ResultSetIterator.next(ResultSetIterator.java:50)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.processTables(JDBCReader.java:400)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCReader.java:65)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration$1.readDatabaseSchema(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:102)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:87)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:129)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$5.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:405)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:68)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:400)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:266)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:170)
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:212)
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:275)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.get_column_index(OracleStatement.java:4691)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.findColumn(OracleResultSetImpl.java:666)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet.getString(OracleResultSet.java:1374)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect$1.convertRow(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:79)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.ResultSetIterator.next(ResultSetIterator.java:47

#252811 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:170)

This looks like a problem, did you try and map a table that has a strange column name? Try a sample table named “Test” that has two columns “name” and “password”, does that work?

Also I have no idea what your JNDI path it, it depends on what you setup your app server to expose it as.

#252814 Reply

nageswarkv

Hi there,

I dont know about Strong column names but I tried to generate mapping files for many of the tables and I am getting same error but does not giving correct path for JNDI may be reason for this error.

I am getting lot of frustration for not using MyEclipse successfully and My boss tending towards CMP 2.0 due to this problem

#253052 Reply

nageswarkv

Hi there,

I tried the solution using ojdbc14.jar instead of class12.jar for Oracle 8.1 and the problem still persists.

Now i am forced to use Hibernate tools to generate mapping files & POJO’S.

But I still want to purchase eclipse since it comes with lot of features for Hibernate.

Unfortunatel, this online forum is not enough to solve the problem what i am facing

I am working largest transport vendor in USA and I work in a group which will be core group and will recommend for whole of organization.

Unfortunately, I am not succeding in using MyEclipse.

Any help further to solve this issue will be greately appreciated

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: no

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in