facebook

[non-RHEL Linux] 5.0 M1 installation failed – missing libs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Scott,

What about the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL (NPTL) bug in the installer script?

Regards,

#254506 Reply

Michal Kuna

thanks for response. i am sorry for emotions, but please understand – I don’t like loosing my time…

#254531 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Aaron,

I saw your other post and fix for the script. However, it wasn’t clear to me what had to be changed for LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to work on any kernel version. I understood the manual workaround, but how should the script be modified to always work? If I have that, I can open a bug report with ZeroG for InstallAnywhere and get it fixed.

#254660 Reply

jakegage

A similar problem exists for Fedora Core 5, but the extraction does not occur. Let me know if you’d like debugging details, but I’m going back to Eclipse 3.0 and the last compatable release right now.

#254662 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jake,

Thanks for the additional information. However, there’s no need to go back to Eclipse 3.0 just because the installer is problematic on your particular distribution. We provide zip archives for manual installation that are extremely simple to install. The instructions are available at the top of this forum here: http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3424.html

Please give Eclipse 3.2 and MyEclipse 5.0M2 a try; we think you’ll love the new features and enhancements: http://myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-81.html

The full install / upgrade instructions are in the announcement here:
    http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-13215.html
    Please give them a read before proceeding. 🙂

#256513 Reply

jakegage

Thanks, Scott! Actually, the manual install was very, very easy, and I’ve been using that method. I noticed that the installer problem persists with the actual release of MyEclipse 5.0. If it’d be helpful for me to give some output information on this problem, just let me know.

Jake

#256524 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jake,

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately the problem is out of our hands since we’ve already posted the problem with Macrovision (makers of InstallAnywhere). They just don’t currently support a wide array of Linux distros, yet.

On the manual install, please be sure to start Eclipse using a commandline like the following for proper launch:
    <path-to-eclipse>/eclipse.exe -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Dosgi.splashLocation=”<path-to-myeclipse>/eclipse/MyEclipseSplash.bmp”

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: [non-RHEL Linux] 5.0 M1 installation failed – missing libs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in