facebook

On flex-scaffolded project, cannot update to Oracle tables

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jedavie

Following the Spring flex-scaffold tutorial (whicj works when using Derby database), I then created a project using my Oracle database. The scaffolding worked just like the tutorial, but I cannot update my Oracle tables. When I try and update a field and click the SAVE button, errors (shown in the logs) are generated and nothing gets updated.

I am able to update the same tables in other applications, so I think the problem is in some MyEclipse plug-in.

Attached please find a file containing Installation Details, MyEclipse .log, Tomcat server log, and the Popup dialog boxes generated when I click the SAVE button.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim Davies

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #319858 Reply

Hi,

I have had so many issues in trying to get the flex scaffolding to work for oracle database. I also have the same problem in that it can’t read or write just loads an empty control. The tool works in building everything but just fails when its run. It would be ideal if someone from eclipse tries to build the same derby project but using a local oracle database and they will see all the problems. In addition to grails project I tried a dynamic web project. Both have different issues at runtime. I hope someone is listening because this is the difference between me using the tool and giving up!

#319859 Reply

Hi,

I have had so many issues in trying to get the flex scaffolding to work for oracle database. I also have the same problem in that it can’t read or write just loads an empty control. The tool works in building everything but just fails when its run. It would be ideal if someone from eclipse tries to build the same derby project but using a local oracle database and they will see all the problems. In addition to grails project I tried a dynamic web project. Both have different issues at runtime. I hope someone is listening because this is the difference between me using the tool and giving up!

#319937 Reply

jkennedy

Sorry you are experiencing this issue.

We will take a look.

I would appreciate it if you could post the Oracle DB version and driver configuration you are using as well as the schema that you scaffolded from.

If you happen to have the full stack trace from the log rather than just the first lines that too would be helpful.

If you look in your project, you will see a persistence properties file that controls the connection to the DB and you should also see a spring context file that utilizes this connection. (The name varies by version).

One thing we would be looking for is whether the Hibernate dialect was set to use Oracle. The dialect controls the types of DB calls that Hibernate will make and if it is not set to Oracle it could result in this type of issue.

Thanks,
    Jack

#319971 Reply

see attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: On flex-scaffolded project, cannot update to Oracle tables

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in