facebook

Oracle OC4J Application Server Tutorials

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Carrying on with your questions, I’m setting up a direct JDBC connection, has myeclipse deployed the jar file to the correct destination?

Yes if you are using a direct JDBC connection in the hibernate config, then you do want to deploy the driver with the app (it’s only when you are trying to setup a JNDI datasource that you need it in the server’s lib dir).

Chris,
    I have been working with OC4J trying to reproduce this case, I’m using version 10.1.3.2.0 (wow) and I am having trouble getting *any* deployments working… it looks like something has changed here and the connector needs to be worked on.

NOTE: You were absolutely right about the jta.jar being put into place by MyEclipse, I appologize for not having noticed that earlier. With MYEclipse 5.5 and later, you should be able to adjust the deployment rules specifically for that JAR from the Hibernate capabilities using the new library-exclusion feature.

See screenshot below on how to access it and use it (you will want to exclude JTA.jar from Oracle deployments for example)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #276518 Reply

Riyad Kalla

BTW, for reference, it’s not quite a tutorial, but I’ve updated the FAQ entries to give more information about Oracle AS and workarounds to possible sticking points:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search&mode=results

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Oracle OC4J Application Server Tutorials

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in