facebook

preferences save failed

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I always have this error message when I modify my J2EE project compiler preferences :

Preferences save failed 

Exception occured while saving project preferences 
    /my_project/.settings/org.eclipse.core.prefs. 

the message appears in a popup windows

I have another issue : I don’t know if there is a link but I loose very often the registration of my subcription .

Version: 5.5.0 Milestone 1
    Build id: 20070123-5.5.0-Milestone1

if some one could help me .

Thanks

#270472 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you try and update to our new 5.5 GA release we just made? Also if you are having a hard time writing to configuration files in your project, sometimes aggressive source-control plugins like ClearCase can cause that to happen. You might want to tell your source control plugin to ignore the .settings directory and see if that helps.

#270479 Reply

Hello,

sorry but i am a little newbee on Eclipse and I don’t understand what you mean by my source control plugin ? I start the project as a MyEclipse Web project .

For the update of MyEclipse , the best way is to make a new install ?

thanks

JF

#270490 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi JF,
    Can you go to the following link and download the MyEclipse 5.5 GA All in One stack installer.
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=dl_options

The All in One Stack contains Eclipse and MyEclipse pre-integrated and optimized to run together so you wont have to install Eclipse separately and this is the most optimal way to setup MyEclipse. Make sure you install 5.5 GA at a new location and NOT over your old installation.

#270734 Reply

OK, I solved my issue about saving compiler preferences ( without update ) but i always have the lost subscription issue . Do you have a solution ?

( It is a recurrent problem during the 3.5 release I begib to be bored with that ….)

thanks

#270743 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you please give me some more information about the Lost Subscription key issue ? When does it happen? Are there any suspicious entries under <workspace>/.metadata/.log?

#270751 Reply

This is what I have fouuded : Does it what you mean as suspicious entries ?

Thank you

!SESSION 2007-05-28 10:25:35.048 -----------------------------------------------
    eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
    java.version=1.5.0_10
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 0 2007-05-28 10:26:03.820
    !MESSAGE Unable to locate .myeclipse.properties file

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 0 2007-05-28 10:26:55.274
    !MESSAGE Subscription key decode failed.  Hash code was not correct so key is being ignored.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 0 2007-05-28 10:27:19.368
    !MESSAGE Subscription key decode failed.  Hash code was not correct so key is being ignored.

#270773 Reply

Riyad Kalla

atmel_nto,
    that error occurs when the Subscription name entered doesn’t match the subscription code. Could you double-check your subscription email and make sure they match?

#270852 Reply

It seems to be right .

When I lost my subscription I re-enter it and I did’nt got any error . the status after that is this one :

Subscriber: atmel_nto
    Product ID: E3MP (MyEclipse Professional Subscription)
    License version: 3.0
    Full Maintenance Included
    Subscription expiration date (YYYYMMDD): 20080330
    Number of licenses: 1

It seems to be correct ? MyEclipse work fine but sometime I loose it .

#270864 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very strange. Try going to your USER_DIR (on Windows this is C:\Documents and Settings\<Login Name>) and create a “.myeclipse.properties” file, you can leave it empty. Sometimes MyEclipse has a hard time creating this file due to OS permissions which can cause it to forget the subscription *between* workspace switches.

#271057 Reply

Hello,

This file already exists . When I open it , I can read my subscription identifiants . What else ???

#271077 Reply

Riyad Kalla

That’s strange, that’s the only place MyEclipse would look for the subscription information.

Do you have multiple installs of MyEclipse that you try and run at the same time?

#271165 Reply

I have another installation of MyEclipse but I never use it . It’s an old release .

I often workspace switch …

#271184 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you go to our download section and download MyEclipse 5.5.1 All in One installer, then run it and install it to a brand new location (never install ontop of an existing one). Then run it and select your existing workspace and see if the behaviors improve across the board?

#272366 Reply

denispyr

Hi
    I am facing the same saving failure problem. Can you please tell me how you solved it?
    TIA

@atmel_nto wrote:

OK, I solved my issue about saving compiler preferences ( without update ) but i always have the lost subscription issue . Do you have a solution ?

( It is a recurrent problem during the 3.5 release I begib to be bored with that ….)

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: preferences save failed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in