facebook

Problem adding custom components (v5.1)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nrrinard

I’m sorry to ask such a simple question but I just can’t get custom widgets to work in Matisse. I am running version 5.1.0 of MyEclipse and Matisse, in version 3.2 of Eclipse, and I see the palette customizer option which brings up a simple dialog box for adding either Forms or Widgets. But no matter how I try to add a custom component, a form or a widget, from a class file or a jar or a code file, Matisse won’t work with the result.

When I add a form, I receive no error messages at all, but the form doesn’t appear anywhere in the Matisse Palette. When I add a widget, the widget will appear in the Custom folder, but if I try to add it to a form, by clicking the widget in the list, then clicking somewhere in the form, I get an error saying either it’s not a bean, or that it’s not a class.

(Arg, and just now my trial subscription has expired so I can’t even get the exact error message anymore. This problem might create a chicken-egg problem where I won’t register if Matisse won’t work for me, but can’t check because the trial period has expired.)

Anyway, I see in NetBeans that adding widgets is easy, since there are simple options for Add From Library and Add From Jar and whatnot, and of course those options work as expected, whereas Matisse4MyEclipse either doesn’t work, or works as I don’t expect it. I have read the docs for this feature but they are extremely scant and don’t say what to do when the directions don’t produce the desired result.

If someone could please confirm that custom components work (and work well) in M4ME, then I can probably convince my employer to buy me a license. Alternately, if someone can confirm that this feature is not yet complete, still buggy, or whatever, then I will know to put my efforts elsewhere.

Many thanks

#262720 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nrrinard,
    Are the widgets you are using custom in-house widgets (like a JPanel with some components in them?) or are they 3rd party libraries like the Swing Labs widgets? Also do you have any errors in your log file (<workspace dir>\.metadata\.log) that may point us to more specific problems with the components or M4M?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Problem adding custom components (v5.1)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in