facebook

properties file being deleted in classes folder [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a standard web app configuration – with my messages.properties file residing in the web-inf\classes directory. Several times it has been deleted by the tool. Today I was trying to resolve another issue regarding “unable to create part” when firing up the JSP editor – when all of a sudden my messages.properties file is blown away.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with this ? Do you have any suggestions – other than having backups:)

Thanks in advance.

#213778 Reply

Riyad Kalla

greg,
    By default Eclipse “cleans” its output directory when building, this means basically “deleting everything in the output folder”. Your properties file should actually go into your source tree in the root of it, then Eclipse will copy it over into the output dir for you when it builds.

If you absolutely have to have it in your classes folder (not suggested at all, because you shouldn’t have this in source control anyway) you can turn off the auto cleaning under the Window > Preferences > Java > Compiler > (last tab) settings, but I believe when you rebuild the project or “clean it” it will just erase the file anyway again… so its best you don’t put it there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: properties file being deleted in classes folder [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in