facebook

"An internal error occurred during: "Generating Ar

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am trying to generate Hibernate xml and pojo files from some database tables, but I am getting the error listed in the subject line.

In order to try to troubleshoot, I added and removed features (referenced objects a->b, changed the location where the files were to be saved), and cut the number of tables down to 1.

The “Details” button is greyed out, so I am not sure what’s going on.

My configuration is:
    Eclipse 3.2, MyEclipse 5.0, java.runtime.version=1.5.0_06-b05

I also see a warning dialog just before the error dialog appears:

“The selected package might contain files that will be overwritten by artifact generation”.

I’ve read through the other recent topics on this subject, but they don’t seem to be applicable. I’d post any log information, but I don’t see any logging in either MyEclipse or Eclipse.

David

#257440 Reply

Haris Peco

David,

Please, try follow hibernate quickstart from MyEclipse 5.0 help and ask if it is not enough

If you have correct connection profile and got errors when call myEclipse Hibernate wizard , tehn send details
    about your database, jdbc driver (vendor and version)

Thanks
    Peco

#257785 Reply

Joel Alvim
    Participant

@support-snpe wrote:

David,

Please, try follow hibernate quickstart from MyEclipse 5.0 help and ask if it is not enough

If you have correct connection profile and got errors when call myEclipse Hibernate wizard , tehn send details
    about your database, jdbc driver (vendor and version)

Thanks
    Peco

Hi got the same error….

I’m using an Oracle database (version 8) which MyEclipse DB can explore without any problems. I’m using eclipse 3.2 and MyEclipse 5.

When trying to generate code for any table, I get the following error when pressing finish:

org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Could not get list of tables from database. Probably a JDBC driver problem.
    Configured schema:MYSCHEMA
    Available schemas:MYOTHERSCHEMAS

Available catalogs:

at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:91)
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:79)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect$1.handleSQLException(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:86)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.ResultSetIterator.next(ResultSetIterator.java:50)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.processTables(JDBCReader.java:400)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCReader.java:65)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration$1.readDatabaseSchema(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:102)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:87)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:134)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$6.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:514)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:70)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:509)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:293)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
    at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:273)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.get_column_index(OracleStatement.java:4383)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.findColumn(OracleResultSetImpl.java:667)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet.getString(OracleResultSet.java:1374)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect$1.convertRow(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:79)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.ResultSetIterator.next(ResultSetIterator.java:47)
    … 11 more

#257831 Reply

edwardjsong

Had a similar error to David Griffiths and just wanted to share my experience. My solution was to check the jar with your JDBC driver in it. It may have been reduced to 0bytes. The error log is a good place to go to find this error, as you find a ClassNotFoundException, so it should be the first place you go to find what went wrong. Make sure that the JDBC driver is available and in your classpath and you should be good to go.

Peace

FYI Version info:
    *** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_03

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 4.1.1 GA
    Build id: 20060309-4.1.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.1.2
    Build id: M20060118-1600

Eclipse Platform

Eclipse RCP

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Eclipse Project SDK

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse_3.1.2\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    270_60
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe

#257988 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mindwalker,

Could you tell us more about what driver you’re using? Most problems are caused by using drivers named classes12.jar – this series was only for Java 1.3.
    If you upgrade to a more recent Oracle driver (usually named ojdbc14.jar) you shouldn’t have a problem.

Let us know if you require further assistance,
    Brian.

#258083 Reply

Haris Peco

Jdbc driver from oracle version 8 (8.1 – I suppose that you use this driver) have bug

Please, usejdbc driver from version 9 (or 10) – you can download one from
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

This driver will work with oracle >= 8.1.7

Best
    Peco

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: "An internal error occurred during: "Generating Ar

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in