facebook

ShortCuts and support for Hibernate3 / EJB3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

+1 to EJB3

#245115 Reply

Hi,

MyEclipse 4.1 GA is just out now with no EJB3 enhencement. EJB3 is becoming more and more popular as people understand how easier it is. Are there real plans for it in the next version ? Integration of the good work done elsewhere (Dali, WTP, …) ?

Just want to know if we will get something in this area next time.

Bernard

#245128 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bernard,
    We are waiting for the existing EJB3 projects to get to a better maturity point but yes, EJB3 is tenatively planned for our 5.0 release. The reason I say tenatively is there is going to be major work structurally to MyEclipse for the 5.0 release and depending on how smoothly that goes we adjust the features that make it in.

#247377 Reply

zambizzi

+1 for EJB 3.0 here too!

All of our future in-house development will revolve around Java EE and I’d like our tool of choice to be MyEclipse simply because I prefer it and it is *very* cost-effective.

We will surely be using EJB 3.0 in the very near future…I’ve already been asked to find a tool or “stack” that supports it well enough to begin using it. So far I haven’t found anything other than Oracle JDeveloper 10.1.3 that (seriously) supports it…and I think MyEclipse has a lot more going for it…for one, being built on eclipse…which I love.

However, we’re a big PeopleSoft customer and will likely be using Oracle in the future…so we may be pushed in such a direction that we have no choice…please get EJB 3.0 support in MyEclipse!

Thanks!

#269459 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Please see the latest MyEclipse 5.5 milestone-2 release for EJB3, JPA, and new JSF WYSIWYG support. Facelet support will be avaliable in MyEclipse 5.5 GA in mid-May.

You can find the new and notworthy doc here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-110.html

Thanks for your encouragement and support. We will continue to improve these features to provide the most productive and cost effective development tools available. Please help us spread the word in your blogs and other correspondence. Every little bit helps.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: ShortCuts and support for Hibernate3 / EJB3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in