facebook

Specify weblogic config file to use on startup [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steven Whyte

When I start the weblogic server I would like to specify a custom config file to use instead of it defaulting to config.xml. I know when this was the Easie Plugin, this was an option.

#199531 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Actually you do this by creating your own WebLogic domain, using their domain creation wizard, and then modifying config.xml with your custom settings.

I know when this was the Easie Plugin, this was an option.

I promise we didn’t remove any options from the EASIE plugins. 🙂

There may be another option, if WebLogic recognizes a -D option or something to specify a different filename, but I’m not aware of what that is right off. You might be able to find something at the BEA doc site.

I’d still recommend the custom domain however so you’ll have full control of everything.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199544 Reply

Steven Whyte

You are correct. It was the VM arguments in the Easie Plugin that I specified the config file with -Dweblogic.ConfigFile=my-config.xml.

Thanks for the great work on myeclipse.

#279472 Reply

hanumanthu3

i got this below error plz help me how to solve that one
    The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
    java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.management.MBeanAttributeInfo; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 7043855487133450673, local class serialVersionUID = 8644704819898565848
    at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.internal.TypesHelper.getMBeanInfo(TypesHelper.java:260)
    at weblogic.management.internal.TypesHelper.getAdminOrConfigMBeanInfo(TypesHelper.java:363)
    at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.<init>(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:128)
    at weblogic.management.AdminServer.<init>(AdminServer.java:59)
    at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.initialize(AdminServerAdmin.java:245)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeHere(T3Srvr.java:716)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:627)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:337)
    at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
    ————— nested within: ——————
    weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: – with nested exception:
    [java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.management.MBeanAttributeInfo; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 7043855487133450673, local class serialVersionUID = 8644704819898565848]
    at weblogic.management.internal.TypesHelper.getMBeanInfo(TypesHelper.java:265)
    at weblogic.management.internal.TypesHelper.getAdminOrConfigMBeanInfo(TypesHelper.java:363)
    at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.<init>(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:128)
    ————— nested within: ——————
    weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationError – with nested exception:
    [weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: – with nested exception:
    [java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.management.MBeanAttributeInfo; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 7043855487133450673, local class serialVersionUID = 8644704819898565848]]
    at weblogic.management.internal.TypesHelper.getAdminOrConfigMBeanInfo(TypesHelper.java:378)

#279492 Reply

Loyal Water

hanumanthu3,
    What were you trying when you ran into this error ? Did you setup your connector correctly ?

Im not sure what version of WebLogic are you working with but this is what a WebLogic 9 connector should look like:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/weblogic-9-what-does-a-configured-connector-look-like/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Specify weblogic config file to use on startup [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in