facebook

sqlExplorer Unable to create selected preference page

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Liung Ling

Hi,

After I have downgraded Eclipse from 3.0.2 back to 3.0.1( due to current release of SWT.gtk_3.0.1 for FreeBSD-5.4-Release), I was unable to call up Preference/MyEclipse/Database Explorer without giving this error message:

Unable to create the selected preference page.

Reason:
    Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer was unable to load class
    com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.preferences.GeneralPreferencePage.

Eventhough I have since deinstalled Eclipse and MyEclipse completely, and reinstalled them with fresh copies, I am still getting the above error.

Is there a hidden file somewhere that I need to clean up? I’m pretty sure I was able to use the Database Explorer with the current GA version of MyEclipse_030804 before.

Another error that had popped up since I started to code java programs using SWT (gtk_3.0.1) is “Structureed Builder” (Error: An internal error occurred during: “Structured Build”.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

#232229 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I highly suggest you use a completely new workspace. Everything that Eclipse/MyEclipse does is stored in it’s workspace, almost like a system directory for the platform. Creating and using a new workspace a lot of times is equivalent to a reinstall for Eclipse since everything is kept there.

File > Switch Workspace > ~/tempworkspace > Hit OK to restart, see if it behaves.

#232246 Reply

Liung Ling

I tried with a new workspace as suggested and the problem persists.

#232260 Reply

Riyad Kalla

loling,
    I’m sorry we don’t have a FreeBSD setup to see what is going on, I think this is going to require some tinkering on your end and details of what is happening to see if we can help. I would suggest to make sure (just for sanity sake) thatyou are installing/running everything as the same user, don’t try and mix the user perms at this point.

#236615 Reply

betoWEB

Hi. I had the same problem with the sqlexplorer configuration preferences page,
    to solve it, you need update your Eclipse installation, so, download it form http://www.eclipse.org/downloads
    (eclipse-SDK-3.1-win32.zip). choose a new workspace directory it it doesn`t work.
    I made these steps and now all works fine !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: sqlExplorer Unable to create selected preference page

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in