facebook

Subversive Plug In does not work

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

srinisub

I am using MyEclipse on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I am unable to connect to the SVN repository using Subversive. It keeps prompting me for the user name/password multiple times. I keep clicking Ok, finally the pop up screen goes away and I get this error:

svn: Location information has been specified incorrectly.
    svn: connection refused by the server
    svn: options request failed on /svn/Enterprise

We are using https protocol.

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem asap as it really impedes my development work.

#313167 Reply

support-swapna

srinisub,

This looks like an issue with SVN server connection. Either the server is down or moved elsewhere.

Can you check some things for me?

1. Please make sure there is no firewall/web filter which is blocking the connection.
    2. Make sure you can ping the server. Use a tracert for the same.
    3. Check the SVN properties for the correct repository location information. Drop and recreate them.

Let us know how it works for you.

#313183 Reply

srinisub

Hi Swapna,

I am able to connect to the SVN server using other SVN clients such as Tortoise. I only have a problem with the subversive client. I checked the repository location again. I also dropped and recreated the connection, but still the same issue. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

-Srini

#313190 Reply

support-swapna

srinisub,

Can you please answer some questions for me?
    1.Please paste your installation details here from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. Can you open the SVN Repository View? Does it throw error at this stage?
    3.How did you add the Subversive client? Is it through the DashBoard? If not then let us know in detail.
    4. Is the TortoiseSVN accessing the same directory as the Subversion?

Clear the .log file which is at <workspace dir>/.metadata folder and try connecting to the SVN. Paste the complete error in the .log file here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Subversive Plug In does not work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in