facebook

SunOneApplicationServer9.1 Debugging problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

mylavarapu

I am not able to enable the debugging feature of SunOne Application Server in MyEclipse.
    I am using
    1) MyEclipse5.5
    2) SunOneApplicationServer9.1
    3) JDK1.5.3 (Both MyEclipse & SunOne is using this only)

> Start the server externally (at the command prmopt) using

asadmin start-domain --user adminuser --debug domain1

> Insert the break point in the code.
    > In MyEclipse, start the server in debug mode.
    > Run the application from browser

Ideally control should stop at breakpoint but is not stopping.

Any help is appreciated.

#280471 Reply

Loyal Water

Why are you starting the server externally as well as internally using MyEclipse? Just start the server from within MyEclipse and try debugging.

#280489 Reply

mylavarapu

Done as adviced, MyEclipse “Server” shows that the server is started in Debug mode. but from browser i am not able to open my application.

Just to make sure server is REALLY up, I even tried to access admin console by typing http://localhost:4848. but IE says “Page cannot be displayed”.
    It is giving impression that server is not started. Pls advice.

#280507 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you make sure the connector is setup like this:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/sun-as-9-what-does-a-configured-connector-look-like/

Are you able to start the server externally without any issues ?

#280510 Reply

mylavarapu

I am able to start the server externally without any problems.

#280512 Reply

Loyal Water

Did you cross check the connector with the link I sent you. Does it look the same ?

#280513 Reply

mylavarapu

MyEclipse connector setup is done as per above link only.

#280516 Reply

Loyal Water

mylavarapu,
    Can you switch to a new workspace, create a new project, add breakpoints to it and try debugging it. Does it work now ?

#280519 Reply

mylavarapu

Nipun,
    I am not the only person facing this problem. Other team guys are also facing this. I am not sure whether your angle of investigation is going in the right direction or not. Let me quote some things here
    > the same wrk space, same application am able to debug with IBM websphere6.1 with MyEclipse
    > the same wrk space, same application am able to debug with Apache Tomat 6.0 with MyEclipse
    > i just changed my Server to SAS9.1 it is behaving like this.

If you need any more inputs let me know but i dont want temporarily hide the problem, rather find the root cause of this. I might be doing some thing wrong. or is it that I set my JVM to sun JDK1.5.3 for both MyEclipse and SAS9.1 could be the problem?

#280545 Reply

Riyad Kalla

mylavarapu,
    Which connector are you using specifically? Sun App Server 9.1 is based on Glassfish 2, and we didn’t have a Glassfish 2 connector under the MyEclipse 6.0 release I believe… so it’s entirely possible that the reason debugging isn’t working is because the connector isn’t being used correctly.

NOTE: In internal testing with MyEclipse 6.0 and Glassfish 2 and Sun App 9.1, debugging/deployment/etc. work very well. We worked closely with the Glassfish 2 team to make sure that it integrated very well with MyEclipse.

#280568 Reply

mylavarapu

Ravid,
    Thanks for the insight.

I am using MyEclipse 5.5 version. You are right. I could not see Glass Fish2 in the list of available Connectors. Currently i am using Sun App Server 9.1 connection.
    > As i understand we need to use Glass Fish2 connector and not Sun App server 9.1 to solve this problem
    > Now the question, how do i get Glass Fish2 connector in MyEclipse 5.5. is this available in your site for download?

#280569 Reply

Riyad Kalla

mylavarapu,
    There is no Sun App Server 9.1 connector in MyEclipse, so I’m not sure which connector you are configuring… maybe one from WTP?

Also you can only use the newer connectors in MyEclipse by upgrading MyEclipse. In the case of moving from 5.5 to 6.0, that is a new install. If you are going to do a new install, I would strongly encourage you to use the Pulse-optimized download from our download page, as it’s the easiest way to install MyEclipse and keep it upgraded automatically.

#280577 Reply

mylavarapu

Riyad,
    I am using Sun One App server9 connector. I thought it works for 9.1 as well.

#280585 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh I see, no it doesn’t there were a bit of changes between 9 and 9.1.

#280628 Reply

mylavarapu

Thank you Riiyad, My confidence level is raising with your help.

As adviced, I have downloaded MyEclipse6.0 i am yet to test whether it works or not. Before that one clarification

Assume that if we are using only Eclipse3.3 alone (Not MyEclipse).
    > Can i extract the SunOneApp Server 9.1 connector related files ( corresponding jars/plug-in etc.,) from MyEclipse6.0 and put them in stand alone Eclipse3.3 and have debugging facility. Would appreciate any insight on this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: SunOneApplicationServer9.1 Debugging problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in