facebook

TODO not highlighted in Javascript editor window

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bill Lunnon
    Participant

Hi Team,

On MyEclipse 2015 CI TODO tag lines would be identified in by a blue indicator in the scroll bar in the editor window. For some reason, after the last release 2015 CI, the there was no blue (or other) indicator for TODO tags in the Javascript editor window. Also note that TODO tags in Javascript files do not list in the Task views.
    Upgraded to MyEclipse 2016 CI – still no blue (or other) indicator for TODO tags in the Javascript editor window. Also note that TODO tags in Javascript files do not list in the Task views.

TODO feature is very helpful for our development approach.

Help Please,

Regards,

Bill

Reg

#477443 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The TODO feature works as expected in MyEclipse 2015/MyEclipse 2016 at my end. I see the blue indicator in the JS editor as well the tag in the Task view.

1. Can you please clarify if the Java Task tags work fine? If the issue is only with JavaScript Task tags, then can you please recheck if the file is opened in the MyEclipse JavaScript Editor?

2. Are you seeing the issue with an existing project imported from a previous workspace? Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists with a new project?

3. If the issue persists only with an existing project, then please rebuild the project from menu Project > Clean and check if it fixes the issue.

4. If the project rebuild does not help, then please go to Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse > JavaScript > Validator > Task Tags, change any tag, and press apply; you will be asked if you want to do a full rebuild, accept it. Then change back the altered tag and rebuild again. The Task Tags preferences are also available at project level (right click on the project > Properties > MyEclipse > JavaScript > Validation > Task Tags). So you can try the steps at project level too and check if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#477620 Reply

Bill Lunnon
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed your suggestion and created a new
    Javascript file. Added TODO’s to this new file and the blue vertical scroll
    bars were there as expected.

It worked out that there was a syntax error in the Javscript file we were
    working on – this syntax error actually removed all indicators in the
    display (even the red ones indicating a syntax error in the file). Once
    this syntax error was corrected the indicators returned and “worked” as
    expected.

The error was an incorrect declaration of an array
    I.e.
    // bad syntax declaration that killed all indicators
    var fred [];
    // corrected syntax – all indicators back and working
    var fred = [];

Thanks again for the support, please feel free to close this ticket.

Regards,

Bill

#477705 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us with the details.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: TODO not highlighted in Javascript editor window

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in