facebook

Tomcat can’t find new project – HTTP 404

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hatton_james

Hi,

I have created a new Tomat Project using myEclipse and imported some jsp’s and Java files from another project. The import went fine but now when I start Tomcat and try and use the new application from the browser Tomcat throws a HTTP 404 error and states “The requested resource (/OffAppNDR/applicationlogin.jsp) is not available.”

I have restarted the server and checked in the web app directory of tomcat to ensure it holds an xml file pointing to my workspace in myEclipse. The path is also correct in server.xml.

I am using Tomcat 4.1.30 and JDK 1.4.2.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem? What am I missing?

many thanks in advance,

James.

#217790 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I have restarted the server and checked in the web app directory of tomcat to ensure it holds an xml file pointing to my workspace in myEclipse.

James,

Pointing Tomcat into your Eclipse workspace isn’t really one of the deployment models we support. We offer either exploded or packaged deployment of your project out to Tomcat’s deployment area, with no changes needed to server.xml at all. Using exploded deployment, we autmatically sync up all your changes with your remote installation, giving you all the benefits of what you’re trying to do, without the pain. Here’s a link to a web development tutorial with MyEclipse that you’ll probably find helpful:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/webprojects/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Tomcat can’t find new project – HTTP 404

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in