facebook

Transaction problem with SQL Editor (MyEclipse 4)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sylob

Hi,

I created a sql file with several SQL queries.
    If one of them fail, I want all to rollback, so I introduced a begin work at the beginning of my file and activated the AutoCommit preference.

But when an error occurs, I get the useless message :
    ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block.

I get no information about the error that occured. To get this information, I must delete the begin work statement. But if I do that, the first queries which are correct are commited and the ones after the error don’t execute.

How can I get the error message that helps me to diagnose the problem and rollback all the queries when there’s a problem ?

Regards
    A. ROY

#258873 Reply

Haris Peco

ROY,

Please, try set auto commit to off – auto commit on will try commit after every command and you won’t that

Whe you set auto commit to off you have to call auto commit explicit when you want

Best
    Peco

#258928 Reply

Sylob

Hi Peco,

Setting auto commit off doesn’t change anything. My problem is about the error message displayed by the SQL Editor when an error occurs. I get a message telling me that the transaction is aborted which is not very usefull whereas I’d prefer get a message about the SQL error causing the transaction to abort.

Regards
    A. ROY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Transaction problem with SQL Editor (MyEclipse 4)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in