facebook

UML Diagram types [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ed ross

I’m not real great at uml, but in the myEclipse 4.0 milestone2 I only can find a way to create class diagrams. How do you create a use case, or state diagram?

thx

#232432 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I know that some of our diagram types are disabled in the milestone 1 and 2 builds until complete, I’ve asked our UML devs to weigh in when they get a chance to point you down the correct path.

#232457 Reply

Kapil Kapre

@edross wrote:

I’m not real great at uml, but in the myEclipse 4.0 milestone2 I only can find a way to create class diagrams. How do you create a use case, or state diagram?

thx

edross,
    Can you confirm that you have 4.0M2 installed? You can confirm through MyEclipse->About MyEclipse. In M1 you could not create all types diagrams at the _ROOT_ level. ( you had to select a namespace (class, package , etc ) in the diagram, then the toolbar buttons were enabled ).
    So, If you have M1 installed ATM I would recommend you to update to M2 to avoid facing resolved issues. But if you cant , you can go ahead and use the toolbar through the method mentioned above.

#232511 Reply

Ed ross

Ok – I totally missed that. I didn’t see the tool bar on the top. All is well (for now)

thanks

ed

#232864 Reply

mrohrmoser

Hi,
    I can’t find a way to create sequence diagrams (using 4.0 M2).

Will this be possible in the future?

Greetings,
    M

#232871 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

At this time sequence diagrams are not supported. Much progress has already been made but it is not fully clear that they will make it in the ME 4.0 GA timeframe as there are other higher priority usability issues being addressed at this time.

#232903 Reply

nirvdrum

Michael,

I know you can’t commit to a date, but do you have a ballpark figure for when sequence diagrams will be supported? I’ve been holding off on my ME subscription for the 4.0 release, since I was waiting for Tapestry and UML support. Not having sequence diagrams is a bit of a deal-breaker for me. On the same token, I’d also rather not purchase MagicDraw or some other tool if ME will support them in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks,
    Kevin

#232919 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kevin,
    If they don’t make 4.0 it’s because they are too buggy and will just get postponed to the next release most likely. They ‘were’ in a beta build we had but were acting strange, so I can’t imagine that we would just throw that work out for no reason.

Right now we are still hoping for 4, but it may be the first service release after 4.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: UML Diagram types [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in