facebook

Unable to install anything using pulse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

This message has not been recovered.

#305177 Reply

clairesimpson,

I thought it may have been because I needed Eclipse 3.5 so I tried to install that and had the same error.

The base eclipse for MyEclipse Blue8.0 is eclipse 3.5.1 classic. So you cannot update from a prior version, you will have to do a fresh install.
    The following are the steps to install MyEclipse Blue from pulse
    1. Open pulse explorer and select “Eclipse Galileo”
    2. Select “Browse Categories” in the left pane.
    3. From the right hand pane under IDE, select MyEclipse Blue 8.
    4. Right click on it and select “Run”/ “Install and Run”

If you are still getting the error, can you send us a screen shot showing the error?
    Let me know if that helps.

#305203 Reply

Hi
    I have followed your steps to download the new MyEclipse 8.5. Pulse just hangs after I click the next button but the My Profiles panel is showing MyEclipse 8.5 installing. It hangs indefinately and when I try an close the installer popup I get the following message

“Wizard can not be closed due to an active operation. You must cancel the operation before you can close the wizard”

So I end up using my task master to stop the pulse process. When I go back into the Pulse Explorer screen the My Profiles panel still contains MyEclipse 8.5 with a status of not installed. So I then try and re-install and get this error

Pulse could not perform the request. This issue has been tracked as ID -3995c346:5943afb0.

in the pulse explorer installer popup.

I can’t figure out how to paste a screenshot into the message. But if you send instructions how to I will.

Thanks

Claire

#305240 Reply

Claire,
    You can use the PM button at the end of the post to send the screen shots.

#305391 Reply

#305407 Reply

#305523 Reply

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Unable to install anything using pulse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in