facebook

UnsatisfiedLinkError when attempting DB login

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m receiving the following error when trying to login to a DB using the MyEclipse DB Browser:

Exception in thread “LoginThread” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library /opt/oracle/product/9.2/lib/libocijdbc9.so already loaded in another classloader
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1716)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
    at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:267)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:365)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:547)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:347)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:99)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.LoginProgress$Login.run(LoginProgress.java:43)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I have a custome plug-in loaded that loads the Oracle JDBC driver which I assume is causing the conflict, but I’m not sure why this is happening. Any suggestions?

#247094 Reply

Haris Peco

mharry,

type 2 driver (like oracle oci) doesn’t work in ME 4.1.It will be fixed in 4.1.1.You can use thin driver (url
    jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOST:PORT:SID ).I suggest thin driver at all, because it work innetwork environment – Oracle claim that oci is quicker, but important performance are in database engine and it’s same

Best

#247096 Reply

Brian Fernandes

If you have another plugin which is loading the Oracle OCI driver then this is never going to work (even in 4.1.1). As snpe suggests, try using the type 4 driver, they are easy to use and quite fast.

Best,
    Brian.

#247611 Reply

Because of security reasons we are not able to use the Oracle thin driver. Are you saying that if I use the the oci driver in a custom eclipse plugin then there is no way the MyEclipse DB Browser can work?

#247616 Reply

Haris Peco

mhary,

You can’t load type 2 driver (driver wiht native libraries) in 2 classloaders (same JVM).This is JDK constraints and it mean that if you load driver in plugin A then you can’t load sme drivers in plugin B – MyEclipse load driver class when sqlexplorer start and you can’t load other plugin probably – this is for MyEclipse 4.1.1 – 4.1 doesn’t support type 2 drivers at all

Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: UnsatisfiedLinkError when attempting DB login

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in