facebook

Update MyEclipseIDE 3.8.1 -> 3.8.3 removes all DB conn in

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

weyus

I retract this statement – my DB connection profiles are no longer disappearing between Eclipse startups.

However, I’m sure that I did see this happen the first couple of times after I upgraded MyEclipseIDE.

#223411 Reply

Hello!

I have made a post on this forum a long time ago and got not answer on this subject. I keep loosing ALL the database connections settings and ALL the driver settings everytime I restart Eclipse. It is very, very iritating, since I have around 20 DB connections. Any idea why?
    And a second question: how can I export all the DB Browser config (connections + drivers) and re-import on another computer?

Thnak you,
    Alex.

#223838 Reply

weyus

I will try a new Eclipse installation.

I need more help than this though. How can we effectively debug why I’m losing my DB connection setups?

#223841 Reply

weyus

I want to try and do this “install new Eclipse” test that you mention – how should I re-install MyEclipseIDE and “move my projects”????

#223844 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys, loosing the DB connections is usually due to errors in the shutdown sequence of Eclipse, it writes out the DB conncetion information as preference settings. If there are errors during shut down, then the settings are lost (very annoying).

Please try and restart Eclipse with the -clean command line option and see if that helps. If not, please post your Eclipse and MyEclipse version for us so we can help.

Also to perform a clean install we suggest redownloading the newest stable version of Eclipse SDK (3.0.1) and MyEclipse (3.8.4) and then installing them to a new location on your computer, then running them with the -clean option and pointing them at your existing workspace.

The -clean option tells Eclipse to rebuild its plugin cache, when you are trying to clean out old corrupt cache data, or pointing a new install at an old workspace, this is always a good idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Update MyEclipseIDE 3.8.1 -> 3.8.3 removes all DB conn in

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in