facebook

Weird prefix with workspace causes many errors

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

richtera_lmi

Hi,
    I just moved my eclipse stuff from the PC to the Mac. (the projects not the ecipse installation)
    At some point it can’t use the JSF verifier anymore… It complains about all my jar files. It can’t find them because it’s prepending the workspace path to the class file path.
    Example: Notice that there is a “/jprojects” in front of the real jar path. Is this a config error or a bug?

eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905
    java.version=1.5.0_06
    java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/andreasrichter/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
    Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -keyring /Users/andreasrichter/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation
    This is a continuation of log file /Volumes/WINDOWS/jprojects/.metadata/.bak_0.log
    Created Time: 2006-08-02 19:47:27.112

Error
    Thu Aug 03 09:49:17 EDT 2006
    Error opening JarFile “/jprojects/Applications/MyEclipse 5.0M2/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core_4.9.200/data/libraryset/1.4/javax.servlet.jar”

java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:132)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.JSFAppConfigUtils.getConfigFileJARsFromClasspath(JSFAppConfigUtils.java:249)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.RuntimeClasspathJSFAppConfigLocater.locateProviders(RuntimeClasspathJSFAppConfigLocater.java:62)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.RuntimeClasspathJSFAppConfigLocater.startLocating(RuntimeClasspathJSFAppConfigLocater.java:43)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.JSFAppConfigManager.startConfigLocaters(JSFAppConfigManager.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.JSFAppConfigManager.initialize(JSFAppConfigManager.java:200)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.JSFAppConfigManager.<init>(JSFAppConfigManager.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.provisional.jsfappconfig.JSFAppConfigManager.getInstance(JSFAppConfigManager.java:101)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.designtime.internal.provisional.symbols.DefaultBeanSymbolSourceProvider.getManagedBeanSymbols(DefaultBeanSymbolSourceProvider.java:119)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.designtime.internal.provisional.symbols.DefaultBeanSymbolSourceProvider.getSymbols(DefaultBeanSymbolSourceProvider.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.designtime.internal.provisional.symbols.DefaultBeanSymbolSourceProvider.getSymbol(DefaultBeanSymbolSourceProvider.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.designtime.internal.provisional.el.DefaultDTVariableResolver.resolveVariable(DefaultDTVariableResolver.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.designtime.internal.provisional.resolver.SymbolContextResolver.getVariable(SymbolContextResolver.java:55)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ASTSemanticValidator.visit(ASTSemanticValidator.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.java.jspel.ASTValuePrefix.jjtAccept(ASTValuePrefix.java:28)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.java.jspel.SimpleNode.childrenAccept(SimpleNode.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ASTSemanticValidator.visit(ASTSemanticValidator.java:319)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.java.jspel.ASTValue.jjtAccept(ASTValue.java:28)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.java.jspel.SimpleNode.childrenAccept(SimpleNode.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ASTSemanticValidator.visit(ASTSemanticValidator.java:271)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.java.jspel.ASTUnaryExpression.jjtAccept(ASTUnaryExpression.java:28)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ASTSemanticValidator.visit(ASTSemanticValidator.java:168)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.java.jspel.ASTExpression.jjtAccept(ASTExpression.java:28)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ASTSemanticValidator.validate(ASTSemanticValidator.java:101)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ELExpressionValidator.validateSemantics(ELExpressionValidator.java:170)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.el.ELExpressionValidator.validateXMLNode(ELExpressionValidator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.JSPSemanticsValidator.validateELExpression(JSPSemanticsValidator.java:325)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.JSPSemanticsValidator.checkIfELAndValidate(JSPSemanticsValidator.java:264)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.JSPSemanticsValidator.validateTag(JSPSemanticsValidator.java:186)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.validation.internal.JSPSemanticsValidator.validateFile(JSPSemanticsValidator.java:91)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.validation.JSPValidator.validate(JSPValidator.java:184)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core.internal.validation.JSPValidator.validateInJob(JSPValidator.java:351)
    at org.eclipse.wst.validation.internal.operations.ValidatorJob.run(ValidatorJob.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Thanks,
    Andy

#256098 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Andy,
    Whenever you move a project from one computer to another, I always suggest clearing out your build path and recreating it to avoid any stored path issues. See if that helps.

#256653 Reply

bgood

I recently installed the latest myeclipse with Eclipse 3.2 on my MacBook and am having the same problem.

I don’t think it has anything to do with project-specific settings. My projects are running/compiling fine, but the MyEclipse stuff (JSP editor, JSF validator, html editor) is not. Watching in the console, basically the same error described below occurs when eclipse starts up.

My version is a long series of things like this
    !MESSAGE Error opening JarFile “/Users/benjamgo/projects/workspace/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/laf.jar”
    !STACK 0
    java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory

Where should this path (which should be /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/laf.jar) be set ?

#256663 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m pretty sure that would be under Preferences > Java > Installed JREs, make sure your paths for your JRE are correct and didn’t get munged up.

#256725 Reply

bgood

If that was the case, my projects would not be compiling..

I checked to be sure and the project settings for the JRE are correct. Certainly there is a path setting problem, but where to look? It seems to be somewhere in the workspace settings because launching a Eclipse with a completely empty workspace seems to avoid the problem. (I’d like to avoid rebuilding all 20 projects if possible..)

thanks for any hints
    -Ben

p.s.

Is it somehow possible to get the Visual Editors (HTML,JSP) running on a Mac? If not, it would be nice if the errors were caught when the options are requested (rather than spewing errors to the console and providing an empty, unclickable window) – see below for the beginning of the primary error..

!MESSAGE Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/genuitec/javascript/debug/mozilla/ImprovedMozillaBrowser)
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/genuitec/javascript/debug/mozilla/ImprovedMozillaBrowser)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3374)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3297)

#256727 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ben please restart using the -clean command line argument. On mac, you need to right click on the Eclipse executable, do Show Contents, go into the top level folder then MacOS then open the eclipse.ini file and add -clean on the first line. That will fix the designer error (it shouldn’t be throwing exceptions, it should be graceful just like you said).

Also, if your workspace is borked, you can use File > Export/Import to save your preferences and reimport your projects in a manner of minutes, but first try -clean and see if that saves it.

#256738 Reply

bgood

restarting with -clean fixed the original error (the pathname problem), but did not have any effect on designer error. For example, if I attempt to creat e a new HTML page, it tries to open it with Designer and throws the same exceptions. (Same behavior for a brand new workspace).

This is probably noted elsewhere on the site, but to repeat my question, (when) will there be support for visual editing of JSP/HTML on Mac?

#256740 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The mac port is comming soon, there is a minor amount of platform specific work for each plat, this was done for Windows and Linux, we just need to roll it out on mac now.

Try and adjust your default editor for those files types under Window > Prefs > General > File Associations with the MyEclipse JSP Editor and MyEclipse HTML Editor (not the visual versions). Sorry for this trouble.

#256752 Reply

bgood

OK, I anxiously await this release! Is there an ETA for it?

Just FYI, I would happily pay for an upgrade to acquire this functionality..

thanks

#256762 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No ETA but I’ve gotten word “it’s not that much work, just needs to be tested”, and while we absolutely appreciate the support and enthusiasm, it will be included in all the versions when we roll it out, so no need to spend more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Weird prefix with workspace causes many errors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in