facebook

When will your hibernate plugin support refactoring??

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I used database explorer to create hibernate mappings. Then as I worked with my project I refactored the code that was generated by the plugin and noticed that none of the hibernate cfg or hbm files got updated. I had to do this by hand. I need to rely on the fact that refactoring changes everything that needs to be changed.

Do you intend to fully implement refactoring in a future release.

BTW : I am running eclipse 3.1.2 and myeclipseide 4.1.1GA

Thanx
    Warren Roberts

#253356 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Warren,

Refactoring is not on our immediate timeline.
    Could you help by giving us a few examples of the type of refactoring capabilities you expect?

Best,
    Brian.

#254679 Reply

jroneil

I would also be interested in refactoring. I would like to be able to add a prefix to class name example
    would be instead of a user class the class would be CXyyUser that way I would know my class

#254689 Reply

Perhaps trivial but important in large projects is the ability to separate generated files in packages such as below:

project.data.hibernate/POJO.hbm.xml
    project.data.model/POJO.java
    project.data.dao/POJODAO.Java

Being able to customize template?

#254693 Reply

Haris Peco

Warren, jroneil , mnamdeo

You can use eclipse refactor ‘Update fully qualified name in non-Java files’ if you want refactor-rename only

and about templates – yes you can use own templates – start with this http://www.myeclipseide.com/products/eworkbench/public-src/myeclipse_templates_4.1.0.zip

Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: When will your hibernate plugin support refactoring??

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in