facebook

Where is the Regular 6.5 Download?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

jet3723
    Participant

MacOSX:
    I’ve tried for 2 days to get 6.5 downloaded and on every attempt Pulse stops downloading. My internet connection is fine. However, Pulse seems to simply stop transferring files. To say this is irritating is putting it lightly. Genuitec has completely trashed a great product with this move to an installer that doesn’t work. “Now you are free to code”….really????

RedHat Enterprise:
    Surely the install isn’t broken on two platforms is it? Yes.
    Attempting to run the MyEclipse installer produces these results:

./myeclipse-installer
    Aug 19, 2008 9:01:44 AM com.oaklandsw.http.s <init>
    INFO: Oakland Software Java HTTP Client 2.5.1
    Architecture: Linux/amd64
    Redirecting System.out and System.err to /home/jet/.pulse2/logs/installer-console.log

Oh….there is a log file there but there is NOTHING in it. I saw a post saying install the Pulse2 software….ok…

./pulse-installer
    Aug 19, 2008 9:05:58 AM com.oaklandsw.http.s <init>
    INFO: Oakland Software Java HTTP Client 2.5.1
    Architecture: Linux/amd64
    Redirecting System.out and System.err to /home/jet/.pulse2/logs/installer-console.log

Same results….nothing in the log and an install that simply stops working.

Guys…you have issues. I’ll be reading the boards for additional hints has they are posted. Until then….I’m free to code on 6.0.1 because its that last MyEclipse that successfully installed.

#288375 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jet3723,

We still provide the Archived Update Site on the Download page, it’s Item #2 on there. So if you are really stuck in a lurch you can go that route.

As far as it not installing on Linux, can you post the output from “java -version” for me? I have a feeling that something like GCJ or IcedTea is getting picked up as your default instead of the Sun JRE when Pulse fires up, and then craps out.

We also have a 64-bit installer for Pulse on Linux that is here:
    http://www.poweredbypulse.com/getit.php?dl=pulse2-linux-gtk-x86_64.tgz

but again, if it’s picking up some non-Sun JRE for “java” that won’t help either.

#288406 Reply

jet3723
    Participant

[jet@jet-rh5 pulse2-2.2.2.200807161843-linux-gtk-x86]$ java -version
    java version “1.5.0_15”
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode)

#288409 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmmm… that *looks* OK to me, but we haven’t done a lot of testing using the 64-bit server VM on Linux.

Is it possible to download the latest 32-bit 1.6 VM from Sun’s Java site, in simple format (not the RPM) and just unzip it and do something like this:

./pulse-installer -vm /path/to/java/dir/bin/java

and see if it fires up and runs?

#288415 Reply

jet3723
    Participant

I’ll give that a shot

#288420 Reply

jet3723
    Participant

Ok….using the 32 bit JVM version 1.5.x which I had laying around Pulse finally ran and installed MyEclipse 6.5. So, from this we’ve identified a possible issue with the 64bit version of the JVM and Pulse.

This doesn’t answer my OSX issue where Pulse simply keeps timing out during download of the various installation files. I think a good user option to be added to Pulse would be something like single file download vs. multi-file download. My guess is that Pulse is getting confused or annoyed with various network conditions that cause unexpected timing and simply doesn’t recover. As far as my network connection goes it is fine and doesn’t appear to have issues, but heavy download traffic at the server may be enough to cause Pulse to have issues.

Thanks for your assistance on RedHat but push Genuitec to resolve the issues with Pulse. There are way too many support questions/problems surrounding the use of Pulse and installing a very fine product (MyEclipse).

#288424 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok….using the 32 bit JVM version 1.5.x which I had laying around Pulse finally ran and installed MyEclipse 6.5. So, from this we’ve identified a possible issue with the 64bit version of the JVM and Pulse.

Thanks for checking that out, I’ve made a note for the Pulse team.

I think a good user option to be added to Pulse would be something like single file download vs. multi-file download. My guess is that Pulse is getting confused or annoyed with various network conditions that cause unexpected timing and simply doesn’t recover. As far as my network connection goes it is fine and doesn’t appear to have issues, but heavy download traffic at the server may be enough to cause Pulse to have issues.

Agreed, connection-monitoring is one big thing they are looking into right now internally when provisioning larger products like MyEclipse, we really appreciate the feedback (And sorry again for the headache)

#288707 Reply

i HAVE JUST TRIED 3 TIMES TO USE PULSE TO INSTALL ON A CLEAN RHEL5 AND IT FAILS EVERYTIME.
    PLEASE REINSTATE SINGLE DOWNLOADS
    I AM TRYING TO DO A JOB OF WORK AND I CAN’T USE THIS ENVIRONMENT

#288802 Reply

Riyad Kalla

mangosolutions,

You can download the Archived Update Site from the download page and use that instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Where is the Regular 6.5 Download?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in