facebook

wrong error marker for deleted file

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When I delete a file named xxx.xml that has validation errors from my workspace I get the following marker in the problems view:
    File not found: “D:\iPerform\1.2.x\Modules\Commons\xxx.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)”.

this should not happen since the file is deleted.

#241611 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I could not reproduce this locally. I had a faces-config file, that I created an error in, then erased the file and the error markers in the problem view and project tree were all removed correctly.

Eclipse 3.1.1, MyEclipse 4.0.3

#246541 Reply

ezenia

I’m getting the same error marker for XML files that have been removed from the project. I actually added the XML files to the project outside of Eclipse and refreshed the project to include the files. I then deleted the XML files from outside of Eclipse and refreshed again. That’s when I started seeing the errors. I got no validation errors when the files were part of the project. It really seems to be due to the fact that I removed the XML file from outside of Eclipse – does MyEclipse keep some kind of validation cache?

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: WinXP Pro SP2
    Eclipse version: 3.1.1
    MyEclipse version: 4.1GA
    Eclipse JDK version: 1.4.2_10

#246545 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Right click on your project root and go to MyEclipse > Remove all Error Markers, that should clean it up.

BTW modifying anything out side of Eclipse can run you into synchronization issues. It’s not the end of the world, but not the best policy either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: wrong error marker for deleted file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in