facebook

XDoclet and J2EE sun application server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

imm102

Hi,

Im using the standard free application server packaged with the J2EE sdk. I had a bit of trouble getting the application sever configured with myeclipse as it wouldn’t run when configured with the Sun One Application Server 8 preference. Finally got it to start with the Sun One Application Server 8.1 but now i can’t seem to set up XDoclet to work, im following the “EJB development tutorial” online.

http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/earprojects/index.html

When adding the application server subtask i select SunOne instead of Jboss as in the tut and i set the version number to 8.1 and the dest-dir to src/META-INF. When i try to run XDoclet on the EJB i get this message

Buildfile: D:\eclipse\workspace\udkserverEJB\.xdoclet-build.tmp.xml
    N10004:
    BUILD FAILED: D:\eclipse\workspace\udkserverEJB\.xdoclet-build.tmp.xml:36: 8.1 is not a legal value for this attribute
    Total time: 1 second

Does anyone know what version number i should enter. Is there a tutorial about configuring myeclipse with the Platform Edition Server.

many thanks,
    Ian[url][/url]

#223344 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ian,
    Just an FYI the error is actually an XDoclet error, the task you are executing only supports up to version 7.0 of Sun:
    http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/ant/xdoclet/modules/sun/sunone/ejb/SunONESubTask.html

You might be able to try and use that and see if it works, check out this post from Greg:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/xdocklet-conf-for-ejbs-a-for-sun-applicationserver-8-1/

#223345 Reply

imm102

thanks for the quick reply. so does this mean that XDoclet cannot be used with a sun app server past version 7. What would happen if i didn’t specify the version number? apparently the default value is 7. would a version 7 config be compatible with version 8.1.

Ive never used Xdoclet before and im new to J2EE so forgive all the questions. I was considering using JBoss but the books im learning from are all based on the Sun App server. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ian

#223347 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What would happen if i didn’t specify the version number? apparently the default value is 7. would a version 7 config be compatible with version 8.1.

No idea, give it a try, it can’t hurt.

Ive never used Xdoclet before and im new to J2EE so forgive all the questions.

No problems, its not an easy topic (J2EE) and learning XDoclet on top of that is just more confusion.

I was considering using JBoss but the books im learning from are all based on the Sun App server. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’d say go with JBoss, it is more supported/farmiliar to more people that would be giving you tips. Also because its open source and quite a few people use it, the support for its newest releases are generally more forth comming then less popular application servers. Just my 10cents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: XDoclet and J2EE sun application server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in