facebook

XML Schema – unique particle attribution violations

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bill Lunnon
    Participant

We are encountering XML schema validations error within xNAL, specifically unique particle attribution violations (refer http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#non-ambig for definition of unique particle attribution constraint) when opening the schema files with the myeclipse editor.

The problem is that the schemas appear to be valid in other products (XML Spy)

We are using a OASIS bases standard http://www.e.govt.nz/interoperability/xnal/index.asp,
    the schemas that are causing the errors can be downloaded from here

As an example, the violation error we are getting for the schema nz-xAL3.0.xsd is

“nz-egov://egu/xNAL/xNL-basic?version=3.0;release=20030512″:OrganisationName and WC[##other:”nzegov://egu/xNAL/xAL?version=3.0;release=20030512”] (or elements from their substitution group) violate “Unique Particle Attribution”. During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two particles.”
    This is occurring for the LargeMailUser element (line 600 of the schema) where the OrganisationName and the wildcard <xs:any /> are following each other in sequence. If I comment out the wildcard from within the schema there is no error.

My questions are:
    1. Has any other user of XNAL reported this problem?
    2. Is there a work around?

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version:
    Eclipse version: 3.0
    Eclipse build id:
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): y
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Other installed external plugins:
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: 5
    MyEclipse version: 3.8.4
    Eclipse JDK version:
    Application Server JDK version:
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file?

If this is a DB related question please answer the following:

RDBMS vendor and version:
    JDBC driver vendor and version, and access type (thin, type-2, etc):
    Connection URL:
    Eclipse error logs related to com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer packages:

– Message Body ——————————-

#227503 Reply

Riyad Kalla

To simply avoid the validation errors (if you know they are fine for your purposes) you can right click on the file, go down to Properties and mark the files as “Derived”. This will allow the XML validator to skip them. I have no experience with XNAL however and do not know what would be causing this.

#227618 Reply

Bill Lunnon
    Participant

Riyad,

These are XML Schemas evolved from the OASIS standard for names and addresses.

As per your instructions I set the derived property for each of the schemas. This didn’t remove the problems until I ran the validation (MyEclipse->Run Validation) on each file.

Is the Plug-in using Xerces / Xalan for the schema validation.?

I have seen bugs posted relating to this error when using these libraries.

Regards

Bill

#227630 Reply

Riyad Kalla

As per your instructions I set the derived property for each of the schemas. This didn’t remove the problems until I ran the validation (MyEclipse->Run Validation) on each file.

My appologies, I forgot to mention you either need to revalidate or run MyEclipse>Remove Error markers to remove the stale markers.

Is the Plug-in using Xerces / Xalan for the schema validation.?

Xerces

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: XML Schema – unique particle attribution violations

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in