facebook

10gAS (9.0.4) and WAR files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brad Smith

I cannot get oc4j to display a web application I deployed via myeclipse. I have tried botha war file and exploded format. The files get copied to a application-autodeploy directory in the oc4j j2ee home directory. I get a 404 not found with the browser.

Is there a configuration setting in oc4j I need to set? I can manually copy the war file and edit oc4j xml configuration files to deploy an application.

oc4j can be started and stopped from myeclipse.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad Smith

#224292 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Brad,
    Some app servers require that after copying an app into the server, the only way to really ‘deploy’ it into the server is to login to the admin console and do it yourself. Once this is done, you should be able to see your application just fine. Additionally, if you have successfully deployed the app within 10gAS, then go back to ME, remove the packaged deployment and change it to an exploded deployment. This should “overlay” the currently deployed app so you will get hotsync with your files as you work.

#224311 Reply

Brad Smith

It appears from the oc4j documentation that deploying war files is allowed for development purposes but not for deployment in a production environment. And deploying a war file is a manual process that cannot use the oc4j autodeploy features. Accordingly, I took the following steps to enable the deploy/redeploy functions of MyEclipse to work (ME 3.8.4, Eclipse 3.0.1; oc4j 9.0.4).

1. Create an Enterprise Application wrapper for the web application with MyEclipse. ME allows a new Enterprise Application to include an existing web application so this was an easy step. The purpose is to allow MyEclipse to autogenerate an ear file. For this web application, no EJB capabilities were needed or added.

2. Edit the oc4j <J2EE>/home/config/server.xml to include an <application> element. An example:

<application name=”version_tracker” path=”../application-autodeploy/version_tracker.ear” auto-start=”true”>
    <init-param>
    <param-name>debug_mode</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    </application>

MyEclipse copies the ear to the ../application-autodeploy path for deployment with 9iAS. (and 10gAS).

3. Edit http-web-site.xml file, also in <J2EE>/home/config and add a <web-app> element. Example:

<web-app application=”version_tracker” name=”tracker3″ root=”/tracker” />

In this case “tracker3” is the name of the web application in Eclipse. “tracker” is the context used when deployed.

4. Use the Deploy/Redeploy capabilities of MyEclipse. Sometimes I need to restart oc4j, but not often.

Hope this helps.

Brad

#224317 Reply

Riyad Kalla
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 10gAS (9.0.4) and WAR files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in