facebook

3 issues on upgrading to 4M2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

pir8ped

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Eclipse 3.1, myEclipse 4 M2, JDK 1.5

I have three issues….

1. The myEclipse UML perspective shows just the basic coding perspective plus an outline window and a properties window. Surely there is more?? Is there a screenshot somewhere, so I would know what to expect?

2. I am using Spring 1.2, and I used the myEclipse wizard to install it.

On running my tests, I get this error message: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

Spring uses commons logging internally. I have the commons-logging.jar in my classpath (I am using the same workspace as I had been using with Eclipse 3.0). Why can’t the compiler find it now? It worked fine before I upgraded.

3. My jsp pages use the Spring tab library. I have this in a page included in all other JSP’s:

<%@ taglib prefix=”spring” uri=”http://www.springframework.org/tags&#8221; %>
    <%@ taglib prefix=”c” uri=”http://java.sun.com/jstl/core_rt&#8221; %>
    <%@ taglib prefix=”fmt” uri=”http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt&#8221; %>

I have the spring.tld in my WEB-INF folder, and I when I deploy the app, it is copied to the WEB-INF folder in the app directory on Tomcat, but the tags don’t work – I just see the code in my pages.

Any help you can give on any of these issues would be very much appreciated,

John Pedersen

#232529 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) You need to create a new repository (UML file) to start editing, then you will get the visual editor to popup. Select a package in your project (or any folder) right click > New > UML Model Repository, give it a name and hit OK. The editor will popup.

2) This looks like a mistake on our part, we will look into it.

3) This might be a side effect of #1. Remove the TLD from your WEB-INF dir, make sure that spring.jar is in your build path and remove any spring related <Taglib> entries from your web.xml file. The reason I say that is because you are using the default URI for the spring tag already, and it is already in the spring.jar file which is a valid place for it to resolve from, SO you don’t need to do anything else. Then close your project, restart MyEclipse and rebuild it. Does it still not recognize the spring tld?

#232539 Reply

pir8ped

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

1. Got it, no problem

2. I look forward to a resolution of this one.

3. I removed the TLD, spring.jar is still in the build path, and I took out the reference to the Spring taglib in web.xml, closed the project, restarted, redeployed – and get the same, the spring taglibs not being recognised (though there are no errors signified in Eclipse – the JSP validator is working OK, recognising the taglibs correctly, and showing info on the tags when the cursor hovers over them).

John

#232544 Reply

Riyad Kalla

3. Oh wait, the error is in Tomcat? I thuoght the error was with the JSP Editor (and validation). So the issue is that Tomcat is not evaluating your Spring taglibs and is instead just straight inlining the <spring: blah blah /> text into your pages?

#232605 Reply

pir8ped

Sorry not to have made this clearer – the error is only seen in Tomcat – I guess something is going wrong with the deployment.

Things have got worse now. I am being really held up by not being able to run my pages, so I decided to uninstall the Spring framework as it is set up by myEclipse, and install it into Eclipse the standard way.

I hit remove on the listing of the Spring jar file, and remove on the .tld file. Clicking back to the page showing the jar file, I noticed that the remove command had apparently not worked.

On restarting Eclipse, I now get this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.springframework.classpath.MEClasspathContainerInitializer.initialize(MEClasspathContainerInitializer.java:40)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.initializeContainer(JavaModelManager.java:1591)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager.getClasspathContainer(JavaModelManager.java:1040)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.getClasspathContainer(JavaCore.java:1326)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:2039)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1947)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.isOnClasspath(JavaProject.java:2353)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart.isOnClassPath(PackageExplorerPart.java:1549)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart.showInput(PackageExplorerPart.java:1514)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart.editorActivated(PackageExplorerPart.java:1493)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart.createPartControl(PackageExplorerPart.java:898)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:305)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:180)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:283)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:512)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:126)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:268)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1102)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:591)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:528)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:485)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:230)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:813)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPage.java:2165)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$5.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2356)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.java:2338)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(WorkbenchWindow.java:1861)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doRestoreState(Workbench.java:2566)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$14(Workbench.java:2515)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$19.run(Workbench.java:1514)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$16.run(Workbench.java:1263)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:346)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:447)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Workbench.java:1258)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1512)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$12(Workbench.java:1491)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$17.run(Workbench.java:1374)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1318)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:183)
    at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:700)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1034)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1636)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

I guess I might be looking at having to reinstall Eclipse….

John

#232606 Reply

pir8ped

On reinstalling Eclipse, I find that there is still a lot of info about myEclipse in my workspace.

I now have lists of missing builders in Project|Properties|Builders – I can tick or untick them, makes no difference, but I can’t remove them.

How can I remove all traces of myEclipse for a fresh start?

Thanks,

John

#232610 Reply

Riyad Kalla

John,
    Create a new workspace, if you did this and imported your projects and this is where the builders are comming from, you can manually open the .project file and remove the custom builders from it and save that file.

#232659 Reply

pir8ped

I have created a new workspace, and imported my project. My intention was not to use myEclipse to add Spring to the project, but just use “Add Spring Beans Project Nature” from the context menu. However, just installing Spring, it seems to have gone the myEclipse route, and I have the same problems as before – taglibs not working…

I am afraid I will have to abandon myEclipse and go back to using Ant. It is more transparent and configurable what is going on with Ant.

John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 3 issues on upgrading to 4M2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in