facebook

5.1.0GA problem with jsp files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jaynes

Well, I just upgraded to 5.1.0GA just now. Now when I try to open a jsp file I get “An error has occurred. See error log for more details.”, and the editor panel opens for “MyEclipse Visual JSP Designer” but the panel is blank. I tried restarting with a “-clean”, but the behaviour didn’t change. I can manually open jsp files with the “MyEclipse JSP Editor”. I would tell you what was in the “error log”, but I’ll be darned if I can find any such file.

So, what’s up?
    Will

#261776 Reply

Stephan Anft

Same problem here 🙁

#261789 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys can you describe how you upgraded? (Did you use the update manager, or download and run the installer ontop of an existing install, etc?)

Did you try restarting using the -clean command line argument?

#261798 Reply

jcastell

Riyad,

My team upgraded via the update manager and restarted with -clean. Same problem. Here’s the stack trace from the error log:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mozilla.xpcom.nsIAppShell.create([I[Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.AbstractMozillaBrowser.<init>(AbstractMozillaBrowser.java:184)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.MozillaBrowser.<init>(MozillaBrowser.java:12)
    at com.genuitec.javascript.debug.mozilla.ImprovedMozillaBrowser.<init>(ImprovedMozillaBrowser.java:40)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.design.MozillaEditor.<init>(MozillaEditor.java:129)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.design.MozillaEditor.<init>(MozillaEditor.java:125)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.design.DesignEditSystem.createDesignView(DesignEditSystem.java:72)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.WebDesigner3.createDesignView(WebDesigner3.java:74)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.editors.WebDesignerMultiPageEditor.createDesignView(WebDesignerMultiPageEditor.java:399)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.editors.WebDesignerMultiPageEditor.createDesignPage(WebDesignerMultiPageEditor.java:371)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.editors.WebDesignerMultiPageEditor.createPages(WebDesignerMultiPageEditor.java:293)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:372)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:214)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2528)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage.java:2520)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2505)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2500)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2485)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:350)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:275)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:139)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:49)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:190)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:174)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:267)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:306)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:653)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:817)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:843)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:815)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1069)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1168)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:249)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:283)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Hope it helps,
    -jc

#261799 Reply

jcastell

Ooops, forgot the top level message, which is:

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.jface”.

-jc

#261801 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys,
    Can you go to Help > Software Update > Manage Configuration. Then find the MyEclipse 5.0.1 (not 5.1.0) extension, right click on it and Disable it. Then restart.

Does MyEclipse work now?

#261802 Reply

jcastell

No such animal here. We’re only seeing 5.1.0 in the config.

#261804 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very frustrating.

Can you download the installer for 5.1 and try this:

1) Delete existing MyEclipse install dir
    2) Reinstall MyEclipse to new dir
    3) restart using -clean

Did that fix it?

#261806 Reply

jcastell

We’ll try, but we’re not exactly getting gigabit download speeds, so it might be a while.

Now for some fun. Having been in your shoes (just released an update that just blew the heck up), I can only imagine the fun over there. Got any managers asking the following:

Did you guys TEST this?

-jc

#261808 Reply

Riyad Kalla

JC,
    Yes… it’s like tripping and landing on a pile of broken glass and sewage.

Naturally we did test it, but how much does that help us now? X(

I appreciate your patience, I know 200MB downloads aren’t the fastest thing to test. We’ll keep digging on this end and see if there is a way to rectify what is going on.

#261828 Reply

jfaulkner

I have the same error after using the update manager.

#261829 Reply

jcastell

Well, perhaps I have some good news for you. I got both the JSP Editor and JSP Visual Designer to work. To make it happen, I did the following:

1) Downloaded the 5.1.0 package (just MyEclipse)
    2) Uninstalled previous version of MyEclipse
    3) Deleted previous MyEclipse folder
    4) Reinstalled from download to a new folder not named the same as the old MyEclipse folder

After that, opening up a JSP didn’t cause an error and everything seems to be functioning at the moment. So at least you seem to have a workaround. Might want to get that confirmed before you announce it as such, though.

Good luck,
    -jc

#261832 Reply

Riyad Kalla

JC,
    Thanks for the followup.

#262481 Reply

Is that still the best solution we have on this at the moment? Massively uninstall and reinstall? I thought the whole point of the Eclipse update functionality was to avoid that.

#262482 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kenneth,
    There are a few options available to get around the problem:
    1) Use the all-in-one MyEclipse 5.1 installer to create the most stable install of MyEclipse and work from there, adding back your plugins you need.
    2) If you haven’t run the update yet, you can update safely now, we corrected the update site.
    3) If you HAVE applied the broken update, then you need to go into Help > Software Updates > Manage Configuration, then disable the 5.1 upgrade, restart and then use the Find Updates functionality to search for the updates again. This will pull down the 1 changed plugin that was causing all this trouble and then re-apply the entire 5.1 upgrade which will then work.

#1 is the most popular so far for folks that don’t “want to mess with anything” and just need stuff to get working again, but there are certainly ways to tweak the plugins to get the correct ones in place. Let me know if you need help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: 5.1.0GA problem with jsp files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in