facebook

5.5.1GA "no swt-win32-3236"

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Erik Costlow

I just installed the new MyEclipse 5.5.1GA on my Vista machine. I downloaded the full stack just about 30 minutes ago. When I try to start the workbench, I get the error, and the workbench never opens:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3236 in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:18)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:125)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:436)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:122)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:75)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

The installation directory was C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA

#270771 Reply

I also get the exact same error when trying to launch MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA with the FullStack download/install with default install options.

I google’d around and saw a few other foreign-language (Chinese, Japanese, German) posts/blogs reporting the same problem but no apparent solution yet.

Please escalate this issue ASAP. I need MyEclipse and I need Windows Vista. Thanks!

#270850 Reply

Sethupathia

Goto My Eclipse installation path, right click on eclipse.exe and select “Properites”. From the eclipse.exe Properties pop-up select “Compatibility” tab and at the bottom of the tab check the following check box “Run this program as administrator” in “Previlege Level” category. This should solve the problem.

#271046 Reply

Erik Costlow

Thanks Sethupathia, that worked.

#272185 Reply

czernay

That does not solve the issue for me, as I am already in the Administrators group.

#272601 Reply

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3236 in java.library.path.
    I was changing some code in my small SWT app. I went to debug, but selected debug as Java Application instead of debug as SWT application. So on the first call to an SWT class, I got the error. Switched to debug as SWT app and was OK ….

#272664 Reply

I lost it – the menu item “debug as SWT applicaiton” is not longer displayed when I right click on the project or my SWT class in the navigator nor in “debug as” menu or in the launch configuration screen. Have no idea what I changed ….

#272800 Reply

PIVEUX

Hi all,

it’s a pretty old topic but since I was looking for a solution with this “no swt-win32-3236 in java.library.path” on Eclipse, here is the way I make it works :

Open the project properties, on the Libraries tab, open the swt class folder and then fill the “Native library location” with the root path of the swt.jar file.

‘hope this can help some of you.

Marc.

#273179 Reply

sspranay

When i deploy my application on my machine, it invokes the swt component properly.
    However, when am deploying my application on some other machine and try to run, it throws the exception:
    Exception in thread “Thread-1” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-323
    6 in java.library.path

Is this related to machine-dependency?
    how to address this?
    Thanks!
    Pranay

#304074 Reply

asad

This message has not been recovered.

#304094 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: 5.5.1GA "no swt-win32-3236"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in