facebook

A internal error occurred during Generating Artifacts ???

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

java4fun

Hi,guys, under Eclipse 3.2.1/Myeclipse5.1.1,I’m sort of developing a Java EE project, and I selected a table in DB Browser, trying to do “Hibernate Mapping and Application Generation”. I followed the steps and clicked “finish”, a dialogue named “Generating Artifacts” appeared, then “A internal error occurred during ‘Generating Artifacts’ “. What does that mean? You know, the connection to database Mysql is OK. What’s the problem?

Thanks in advance!

#267300 Reply

Haris Peco

java4fun,

Could you, please, send your database and jdbc version and your error log (Window>Show View>Other>PDE Runtime>Error Log View or Help>About Eclipse SDK>Configuration Details>Error Log View).

The problem is mostly old jdbc driver (could you try latest 3.1.14 or 5.0.5 ?)

Thanks,

#268167 Reply

shravaniam

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDatabaseMetaData.supportsResultSetType(I)Z
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:80)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:1877)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:73)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$6.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:529)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:72)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:524)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:296)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

#268168 Reply

shravaniam

the above are log messages please help me solve GENERATING ARTICRAFTS ERROR

#268176 Reply

Haris Peco

If you use Oracle try latest JDBC driver from http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

Regards,

#268386 Reply

shravaniam

how to use this latest jdbc driver???? i used the driver which is coming from oracle 8i database……. itself….. if suppose i download the latest driver from oracle……. how do i need to use them?????
    where to keep this latest driver???? how to use in our application??????

#268396 Reply

Haris Peco

You will find ojdbc14.jar in archive on link from previous message.
    You would add this jar instead of jar from oracle8i.If you use localization you have to add orai18n.jar as well.
    JDBC driver from oracle8i have bug and you can’t use it with MyEclipse generate engine.

Regards,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: A internal error occurred during Generating Artifacts ???

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in