facebook

Access local files

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am working on HTML5 application. in that i am working on offline functionality.
    so, I want to read/write the mobile local files.

can anyone please guide on the same.

Regards,
    Rajeev.

#352142 Reply

Hi,

To read and write device files you need to use the Cordova/Phonegap API: http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.9.0/cordova_file_file.md.html#File

If you can be a little more specific on what you are trying to do, the file types you are trying to work with etc, and post any code where you are stuck or a sample project we can see what other advice we can offer.

Thanks.

#352177 Reply

Hi brandon,

Thanks for your reply.

by goggling i came to know that using Phone gap API we can. but how to start i don’t know.

My requirement:

nee to work on offline application. i have to fetch that data from server then user may not have the internet then has to work on offline mode with large amount of data. HTML 5 browser data storage capacity is limited to 5 to 10 MB up to my knowledge. so i want to go with sqlite or any file based storage within the mobile. for that i need help to proceed.

i hope you understand my requirement.

if you have any sample project pls share. that would be helpful.

Regards,
    Rajeev.

#352183 Reply

Hi,

You are correct about the quotas, but depending on the data it can be a lot of information. The type of file data you need to store will play a big part in the options you have to store it. Without more details on what file type or data you are trying to save its hard for us to recommend anything specific to you.

That being said here is a WebSQL How-to:
    http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6217

#352198 Reply

HI,

i want store spatial and attribute data. and i want your use offline Google maps.

Regards,
    Rajeev.

#352199 Reply

HI,

i want to store spatial and attribute data. and i want to use offline Google maps. and camera functionalty

#352208 Reply

Hi,

There should not be an issue with using the camera offline.

For google maps info you can check this link: https://support.google.com/gmm/?hl=en#topic=3499370

Under the devices they have some info on using the maps offline, but this is not something Mobione can do for you, you would have to implement that on your own..

A lot of data can be stored in local storage. Otherwise you would have to use access the PhoneGap?Cordova file systems as I mentioned earlier. Advance file system use is out of the scope of support we can offer, but I do believe there are some good examples on google and one or two on this forum as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Access local files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in