facebook

Adding database grid to Matisse form

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rkamarowski

I’ve just started with MyEclipse and Matisse4MyEclipse. I have a form setup with a TabbedPane, and now I want to add a database grid (dbgrid in some environments). Is this possible?

bob k.

#285791 Reply

Loyal Water

Im sorry this is not possible in MyEclipse at the moment but this is a feature we are considering as an enhancement.

#285792 Reply

rkamarowski

Nipun,

I would be more than happy to test this if you need a site.

Is there any way to add a database grid using just java?

bob k.

#285800 Reply

Loyal Water

Bob,
    You want to add a data grid to your from and pull out records from the database and show it in the grid. You want to do this by directly establishing a connection between the data grid and the databse. Is that correct?

#285804 Reply

rkamarowski

Nipun,

Yes, that is correct.

bob k.

#285810 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bob,
    Nipun is correct that we don’t support anything out of the box like this now. You can certainly drag and drop a JTable onto your UI then write the code that creats the DB connection and populates the TableModel directly.

If you want a more automated solution you can try and find a Swing component from a 3rd party that can be dropped onto your UI and have some properties set on it (like DB connection information) to have it load your DB directly.

Lastly, we will be making enhancements to M4M later this year that add support for beans-binding, this is a technology that should make things like binding data from a DB to a table much easier/faster, but I don’t have a timeline for that right now.

#285812 Reply

rkamarowski

Thank you Riyad.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Adding database grid to Matisse form

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in