facebook

Adding icon to JButton

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

smulgund

My project contains Sun’s jlfgr-1.0.jar file, which contains numerous icons for buttons. Within my own code, I can add a button icon thusly:

button.setIcon( new ImageIcon(MainWindow.class.getResource(“/toolbarButtonGraphics/general/Import24.gif” )) );

where “MainWindow” is my subclass of JFrame containing the various widgets I need.

How do I do the same thing from within Matisse? I tried selecting the “icon” field in the properties browser, but none of the options allow me to specify “/toolbarButtonGraphics/general/Import24.gif” as the source of the icon. Is there a project setting I need somewhere else for the GUI builder to recognize that this resource is part of the build path?

Thanks

Sandeep

#252670 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sandeep, this is a bug. You should be able to select JAR file contents here as a resource, I just filed this. The code in order to load from your classpath should look like this:

new javax.swing.ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("/edu/arizona/econlab/edgeworth/resource/esllogonew.gif"))

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#252674 Reply

smulgund

Thanks for looking into this. For the moment I guess I’ll just use my own initialization code after the machine-generated method is invoked. If you can fix this bug and the issue of the disappearing palette (related to network access evidently), I’ll be a happy man!

Sandeep

@support-rkalla wrote:

Sandeep, this is a bug. You should be able to select JAR file contents here as a resource, I just filed this. The code in order to load from your classpath should look like this:

new javax.swing.ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("/edu/arizona/econlab/edgeworth/resource/esllogonew.gif"))

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#267057 Reply

Claye Greene

Does anyone know if this has been resolved yet?

If I want to work around the issue, I’m assuming I can use the format of the code snippet to load an icon from my jar file?

#267083 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Eyalc,
    I thought this had gotten fixed in 5.0 or 5.1, which version ar eyou using? Can you explain your specific use-case to me so I can test it out here?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Adding icon to JButton

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in