facebook

Adding JBoss 4 Server runtime to an ejb project not possible

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

miller786

I have added a JBoss 4 server runtime pointing to my local jboss installation, then I tried to add the server runtime to the classpath (properties -> Java Build Path -> Add library-> Server runtime -> the list in the following dialog is empty
    How can I add the jboss 4 runtime to the classpath? Is this a bug?
    Cheers,
    KM

#269913 Reply

Riyad Kalla

KM,
    I think you are confusing MyEclipse and WTP here. We don’t define server runtimes in MyEclipse, but you application server connectors you configure under Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > App Servers

Maybe I am misunderstanding you?

#269925 Reply

miller786

The jboss 4 app server connector is configured correctly and the jboss 4 runtime appears on the Servers view in myeclipse. However if you follow the instructions in my original post you will see that you cant add a jboss 4 runtime (which you have configured for your project already) to your classpath. This looks like a bug to me.
    Cheers,
    KM

#269936 Reply

Riyad Kalla

KM,
    Not sure how else to state this other than you are confusing a WTP construct with MyEclipse.

There are no “Server Runtimes” in MyEclipse, that is from WTP. There are “Server Connectors” in MyEclipse, and they are accessible from Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > App Server. These connectors cannot be added to any build path.

The Build Path > Library > Server Runtime entry is contributed by the WTP plugin set, not MyEclipse.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Adding JBoss 4 Server runtime to an ejb project not possible

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in