facebook

Adding Spring Capabilities to a Project

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What does adding (Spring) capabilities to a project buy me? If I don’t add capabilities & just use the Spring Framework libraries as a User Library on my build path, it would appear that I can use the Spring 1.2.1 libraries now w/o waiting for the Add Capabilities Wizard to be upgraded from Spring 1.2 to 1.2.1. Is this correct?

How does one remove capabilities from a project once they have been added?

Thanks,
    David

#232934 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    Adding Spring Capabilities just helps the Spring editors have a little more knowledge of the setup of your project so they can provide better tooling for you. Spring suppose is fairly new so it might not benefit from much especially if you are adding the libs yourself. Also you should be fine upgrading the libraries yourself as it’s a minor patch release and not a major revision.

#253680 Reply

What about his second question — how do you remove the capabilities once they are added? I can delete the libraries from the build path, but MyEclipse doesn’t recognize that they’ve been removed and no longer prompts me with ‘Add xxx capabilities…’ anymore.

#253684 Reply

Riyad Kalla

how do you remove the capabilities once they are added? I can delete the libraries from the build path, but MyEclipse doesn’t recognize that they’ve been removed and no longer prompts me with ‘Add xxx capabilities…’ anymore.

For the time being the remove step is manual. You need to edit the .project file and remove the spring nature. We are looking at making all of our capabilities remove-able in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Adding Spring Capabilities to a Project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in