facebook

after quickfix, ‘Unable to create part’ error for JSP

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

sevensoft

After installing the 20040824 quickfix, attempting to open a jsp that has an include at the top causes an error ‘Unable to create part’.

It will open a jsp that doesn’t have an include just fine.

I did unzip the quickfix and only overwrote the specific files, not the directories (like suggested in a few other threads) and it still has
    the issue.

fyi, it was installed over the latest 3.8.1 download (so i thought i was up to date)

any suggestions?

#213627 Reply

sevensoft

i also just uninstalled myeclipse, reinstalled 3.8.1.

opened the file that has an include, it opens fine.
    (but has issues about tags it doesn’t know about, because they are from the include, which is why we want the quickfix)

i unzipped the files again, and one by one made sure that i only overwrote the files in the zip. and i verified that the files that were previously in the
    directories are still there (except of course for the files that are being overwritten).

Still having the exact same error. Unable to create part, when opening a jsp that has an include at the top.

#213630 Reply

sevensoft

this is in the error log, it shows up when i get the ‘Unable to create part’ msg.

perhaps it will help.

An error has occurred when initializing the input for the the editor’s source page.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner.htmleditor.HTMLMultiPageEditorPart.createPages(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:187)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:615)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(PartPane.java:205)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:939)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:921)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1020)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:290)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:59)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.openEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:266)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$4.run(EditorManager.java:697)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:686)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openInternalEditor(EditorManager.java:782)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:573)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2201)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2134)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$6(WorkbenchPage.java:2126)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2113)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2108)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:299)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.OpenWorkspaceFileAction.run(OpenWorkspaceFileAction.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:206)
    at org.eclipse.ui.commands.ActionHandler.execute(ActionHandler.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.commands.Command.execute(Command.java:132)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:471)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:889)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:930)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.filterKeySequenceBindings(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:548)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.access$2(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:496)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard$1.handleEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:261)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:740)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:795)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:820)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:805)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.sendKeyEvent(Control.java:1734)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.sendKeyEvent(Control.java:1730)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_CHAR(Control.java:3067)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree.WM_CHAR(Tree.java:1372)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:2970)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:3338)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:1467)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2429)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)

#213638 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you give us the Build ID of Eclipse and MyEclipse you are running? I’m wondering if something funky is going on here and want to make sure all the quick fixes are applied.

Also if you restart Eclipse with te -clean arg and then try and open the file, does it work all the sudden?

#213644 Reply

sevensoft

MyEclipse:
    Version: 3.8.1+QF20040824
    Build Id: 200408201200-3.8.1+QF2004082004

Eclipse:
    Version: 3.0.0
    Build id: 200406251208

I even went so far as to uninstall myeclipse, then install it into a completely fresh directory. Works (meaning the file will open, but it still has the behavior that i’m trying to apply the quickfix for). As soon as i apply the quickfix, i get the ‘Unable to create part’ error.

Oh, and I’ve been using -clean this whole time.

#213646 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you using the 2nd quickfix or the first one?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3514.html

I can’t reproduce this locally… you can try shutting down Eclipse and erasing the <eclipse dir>\configuration dir then restarting Eclipse and re-adding it via the Help > Soft Updates > Manage Configs mechanism and then restart and see if that worked…

Also can you give us a snippet of a file that is giving you a problem? I am working on a project now that is all includes and not seeing this… I wonder if it could be the location of some of your elements in the page or something like that?

#213651 Reply

sevensoft

2nd Quickfix for sure.

I tried deleting config dir. Reinstalled ME and the QF. Same result.

<%@ page pageEncoding="utf-8" %>
    <%@ include file="/WEB-INF/jsp/sstiles/common-includes.jsp" %>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <title><tiles:getAsString name="title"/></title>
    <tiles:insert attribute="scripts" />
    <tiles:insert attribute="styles" />
    <tiles:insert attribute="pageLevelStyles" />
    </head>

<body onload="init();">
    <div id="myTable" style="position:absolute"></div>
    <%--start of main layout--%>
    <table class="main-layout">
      <tr>
        <td>
        <%--header--%>
        <tiles:insert attribute="header" />     
        <%--subheader--%>
        <tiles:insert attribute="subheader" />         
        <%--main content--%>
        <tiles:insert attribute='body' />
        </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td>
        <%--footer--%>
        <tiles:insert attribute='footer' />
        </td>
      </tr>  
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

and the only things that are included in the common includes.jsp are taglib imports (for tiles, etc.)

#213654 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am not able to reproduce this even using your sample code and creating a sample taglib include file at the location you gave relative to my webroot (/WEB-INF/jsp/sstiles/common-includes.jsp)

I even reinstalled Eclipse 3.0 GA and MyEclipse 3.8.1 + QF2 and gave it a try again and couldn’t get it to barf… I will see if anyone else has any ideas on this.

#213662 Reply

sevensoft

My code is setup like this

src/java (and packages under there.. etc)
    src/web/WEB-INF/jsp/ (and directories with jsps under there..

so the file that the include is puking on is /WEB-INF/jsp/sstiles/common-includes.jsp, which (when deployed) will be at
    /WEB-INF/jsp/sstiles/common-includes.jsp (off the root of the app). however, myeclipse has no idea that there is a src/web is has to go thru first.

currently i have nssum/src/java as a src in the build path, but nothing else.
    i’m putting src/web as a src directory under java build paths. we’ll see how that works.

#213664 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What is your webroot set to? That “looks” fine as long as /src isn’t in your source path, sometimes it causes E/ME to barf on themselves when the webroot is in the source path.

#213665 Reply

I have the same problem and still unable to open a jsp with the editor.

Running 3.8.1 quickfix 2….

#213666 Reply

Riyad Kalla

greg can you provide info about what your dir structure looks like? (src dir, output dir, webroot, etc.)

#213667 Reply

sevensoft

Webroot? You mean the ME web capabilities stuff? I never use it.

Adding /src/web to my build path seems to have helped. although its taking about an hour to build the workspace because its going thru and compiling all the JSPs i guess.

#213670 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

If you like, you can turn off automatic JSP compilation at either the project level or globally. At the project level, right-click on the project in the Package Explorer > Properties > MyEclipse-Validation. Globally the setting is at Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Validation

#213673 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

If Riyad’s suggestion doesn’t work, can you create a minimal project that exhibits the problem and then zip it up and mail it to us for testing? That will enable us to tell if this is a problem with your local configuration or with something else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
Reply To: after quickfix, ‘Unable to create part’ error for JSP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in