facebook

An internal error occurred during: "Generating Artifact

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mmilanovic

Problem: I get this error (An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.) anytime I try to reverse engineer from a database table against a mysql database. If I run a select statement from the DB Browser to query this same table, I am able to successfully retrieve results.
    Jdbc driver: mysql-connector-java-5.0.5-bin.jar
    myeclipseide:5.1.1
    jdk: sun jdk1.6.0_01

The following is the error I get in the log file
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2007-05-13 15:33:17.375
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    java.util.NoSuchElementException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.tool.MESingleClassExporter.doStart(MESingleClassExporter.java:58)
    at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.AbstractExporter.start(AbstractExporter.java:92)
    at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.GenericExporter.start(GenericExporter.java:58)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$3.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:390)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:72)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:303)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

#270053 Reply

Loyal Water

I suggest you use JDK 1.5 and try reverse engineering since MyEclipse had not been certified with JDK 1.6 yet.

#271248 Reply

mehlam2

I am having the same problem using DB2. I also reverted to Java 1.4 to see if that would fix it. In addition, I removed any conflicting hibernate plug-ins and did a -clean launch. The problem is repeated.

JDBC Driver: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
    myeclipse: 5.5.1 GA | Build id: 20070521-5.5.1-GA
    jdk: sun jdk 1.4.2_14 and sun jdk 1.6.0_01

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2007-06-07 14:54:03.915
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2DatabaseMetaData.supportsResultSetType(I)Z
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:84)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:1929)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:73)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$9.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:819)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:89)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:803)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:381)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

#271251 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you guys go through this FAQ and try the steps mentioned here:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/db-error-generating-artifacts/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: An internal error occurred during: "Generating Artifact

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in