facebook

antlr libarary missing from Hibernate library set

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

everbright

Hi all,

I’m using MyEclipse 4.0 GA. Encountered a ClassDefNotFound error with the class antlr/ANTLRException while setting up Hibernate and running it.

According to the Hibernate website, the antlr.jar is required for the Hibernate library set to be put into WEB-INF/lib. However this seems to be missing from my list of Hibernate libraries for 2.1 and 3.0.

Am I having a faulty installation, or could this be a bug?

#239984 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This was a bug and was corrected either in 4.0 or 4.0.1, sorry for the trouble. You can certainly manually add thsio file to your build path for your project, additioanlly y ou can fix this missing dependency by going to Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > Project Capabilities > Hibernate > 3.0, and adding the JAR there so future use of adding Hibernate capabilities won’t give that same issue.

#239997 Reply

everbright

ok. thanks for the suggestion. I think I’ll just upgrade to 4.0.2 instead. Do I need to re-install it, or can I just update it using Eclipse update? What’s the best way to do so?

#240009 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Since you are using 4.0 GA you can use the update manager without any problems. We are going to release a 4.0.3 by the end of the week as well that fixes a whole slew of “annoying little bugs” that folks wanted right awawy and didn’t want to wait for 4.1.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: antlr libarary missing from Hibernate library set

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in