facebook

Background Indexer Crash Recovery – StackOverflowError

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Chuck Deal

This message has not been recovered.

#305823 Reply

#306061 Reply

jbr89

#306063 Reply

#306092 Reply

tprokuski

#306111 Reply

support-joy

#306441 Reply

bbohl

I am having a similar issue when saving a particular javascript file. Below is part of the stacktrace (the rest of it is the same as it is in an infinite loop). Some notes:

• It only happens with this file. Other .js files are fine.
    • It will get the StackOverflowError even if I modify the file outside of Eclipse/MyEclipse using Notepad.
    • I say “no” to closing Eclipse and I have not seen any negative side effects. Even hot deployment still works.
    • Using MyEclipse 8 with Eclipse SDK 3.5.1.
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.dltk.core 4 4 2010-03-01 16:56:10.596
    !MESSAGE Background Indexer Crash Recovery
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:372)
        at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.StandardSelfCompletingReference.setChild(StandardSelfCompletingReference.java:108)
        at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.CombinedOrReference.setChild(CombinedOrReference.java:325)
        at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.TransparentRef.setChild(TypeInferencer.java:81)
        at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.TransparentRef.setChild(TypeInferencer.java:81)
        at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.CombinedOrReference.setChild(CombinedOrReference.java:325)
      #306461 Reply

support-joy

bbohl,

Sorry to hear you are also running into this issue.Can you do the following –
      1. Can you copy and paste your installation details? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
      2. Have you tried the -clean option as mentioned here – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/?
      3. Can you send a sample project to support@genuitec.com and mention this link as reference. Also include ATTN:Joy, this will help in quick tracing.
      4. Why are you trying to edit this file outside of MyEclipse IDE? It is not recommended.

Best.

#306491 Reply

bbohl

Install details are below. Clean option didn’t work. I emailed the sample project as requested. I was only editing the file outside of Eclipse because of this error (this was before I realized I could just say “no” to closing Eclipse).

While creating the sample project I noticed that it only occurred when the project was a Web Project. I didn’t get the error with a plain ole Java Project with Javascript capabilities.

I also received the error immediately after creating the Web Project from an existing source.

*** Date: 
      Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:27:54 PM CST

** System properties:
      OS=Windows7
      OS version=6.1.0
      Java version=1.6.0_16

*** MyEclipse details:
      MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
      Version: 8.0
      Build id: 8.0-20091120

*** Eclipse details:
      Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.5.1
      Build id: M20090917-0800

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.5.1.R35x_v20090811-7Q7bAIBPVUBVbKSMTyyfpOteKTem7_g2paS1__z-Rrmf4

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.5.1.R35x_v20090910-9gEeG1_FthkNDSP2odXdThaOu9GFDPn83DGB7

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.5.1.r351_v20090810-0600-7r88FEoFI0WTo6Az-1qFRHm37ChJ

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.5.1.R35x_v20090811-7Z7_F9zFDX-aT6Ywvh8_S93

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.5.1.v20090724-1146-777908193B6696L3DA843563
      Build id: 200908131412

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.5.1.R35x_v20090811-9SA0FxVFqE70OL1ARMrfcO6e7BA6

Eclipse startup command=-os
      win32
      -ws
      win32
      -arch
      x86
      -showsplash
      C:\eclipse.5.1\plugins\org.eclipse.platform_3.3.201.v200909170800\splash.bmp
      -launcher
      C:\eclipse.5.1\eclipse.exe
      -name
      Eclipse
      --launcher.library
      C:\eclipse.5.1\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
      -startup
      C:\eclipse.5.1\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
      -Xms256
      -Xmx768
      -vm
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_16\bin\..\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

#306495 Reply

support-joy

bbohl,

Thank you. I would like to acknowledge receipt of your sample project.

#306523 Reply

bgobbi

Is there a resolution for this problem? I tried clean with no change.

Exception in thread "DLTK indexing" java.lang.StackOverflowError
          at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
          at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.CombinedOrReference.isLocal(CombinedOrReference.java:296)
          at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.TransparentRef.isLocal(TypeInferencer.java:149)
          at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.TransparentRef.isLocal(TypeInferencer.java:149)
          at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.CombinedOrReference.isLocal(CombinedOrReference.java:297)
          at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.typeinference.CombinedOrReference.isLocal(CombinedOrReference.java:297)

#306531 Reply

support-joy

bgobbi,

I have raised a PR for the dev team members to investigate this issue. I shall get back to you as soon as I hear back.
      Sorry for the inconvenience.

#307217 Reply

mathiasarens

Is there any news on this topic? I am getting the same stackoverflow exception on each automatic build and that is quite annoying. I updated to MyEclipse 8.5 but I still get this error there:

java.lang.StackOverflowError

#307227 Reply

support-joy

mathiasarens,

Can you please try out the following –
      1. Please open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center.
      2. Select the “Dashboard” tab. Under MyEclipse Add-ons, uncheck – “MyEclipse IE Javascript Debugger (Windows Only)”.
      3. This will display an alert to you confirming if you wish to delete this feature.
      4. Click on [Yes].
      5. On the botton right hand corner under “Pending Changes”. This will list out the changes to be managed. It will prompt you Manage 1 change.
      6. Click on [Apply 1 change]. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps.
      Let me know how this works for you.

#307298 Reply

mathiasarens

Hi Joy,

thanks for the advice. It helped me a lot. Now the annoying error messages don’t popup anymore.

Maybe I should add that I already have installed an IE java script debugger and that I don’t have admin permissions at my win xp account. Maybe this helps you to find the error.

Cheers,

Mathias

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    Reply To: Background Indexer Crash Recovery – StackOverflowError

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in